LegacyGT.com

2006 with Some Possible Truth

From an owner's perspective, I'd be pissed if the 06 LGT comes with 6spd, that nice grey, HIDs & NAVs. But from a potential buyer's perspective it means good deal! From Subaru's perspective, if adding these will acquire customers = driving up sales, then they'd do it.

Really ask any potential buyer's opinion whether the GT should come with the above features and you will most likely get a resounding "YES!". After all, the GT's competitors all offer those features standard or option. If Subaru wants to keep the momentum up, it will do itself good by offering these features.

Unlike the WRX and FXT market, the GT trying to bust into an already crowded and highly competitive segment. Whether you like it or not, the general automotive consumers considers HIDs and 6spds to be one of the criteria in a premium brand... something that Subaru wants to achieve.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just my .o2$ here. If you look at the link on page 1, the picture posted on nasioc.com is OBVIOUSLY a SHAM! It is either a picture of the "locator" system in NZ or AU, or a phototshop. If you look at the model code it says 5xx If the model code starts w/ a 5 it is a model year 05'!!!! And a 6sp is only available in AU or New Zeland! Also Subaru designates their tranny's w/ a 6MT or a 5eat(for auto) NOT 6SP! I tried running a locate for 06MY and the system doesn't even offer a 2006 option yet. Someone's bored and F#$king w/ everyone.

Mike....

Mike,

Of course it is bogus. There is no 6MT in 06'. I think this more gears craze has gotten out of hand, Hey I got a 7 speed ! I understand wanting better gas milage, other than that, why would you want to shift more? It ceraintly isn't helping you get to 60mph any faster. Pulling 3400rpm's at 80mph is just fine and guarantees power without downshifting.

I think for me, the gas mileage is 2nd to the strength of the Sti USDM 6speed. I would want it not for ratio's or mileage(I didn't buy a turbo car for MPG!), but for the strength of the gears when I bump up the power significantly. Either way people can believe what they want. I know the truth, and Opie will owe me 10 bucks!!!!LMAO

Mike.....

Mike - lmao about the fact that pic might be BS.....everyone is so worked up about it. Wait until things are confirmed before everyone gets bent out of shape.

I like the idea of the 6sp.....I tend to keep my car in 4th around town to make sure I have power on tap. On highway trips, always 5th. We have a 6sp in the MINI and it's necessary to get the most out of the motor.....the way 5th is set up, it feels like our 4th (well, slower but you get the idea). I forget there is a 6th cog most of the time, but nice to know that it is there for high-speed cruising. It would be nice to have that extra gear for the long trips in the LGT.....not real happy about 23mpg on premium.

true, I thought I was doing the same when I sold my Jeep. 15mpg on reg. unleaded < 23mpg premium unleaded :( I suppose installing AP-Stg1 and lead-footing it doesn't help ;)

Went to test drive the 5MT vs the 5EAT last weekend. Got the Sales Manager as all salesmen were preoccupied. I mentioned the 6MT rumor for MY06. He said he went to a product meeting recently and the only change for MY06 was NAV. He said the rumor is a Legacy Sti for MY07. Of course, you know how loose those "evil sales managers" can be with the truth. But then again, wasn't the WRX out 2 years before the Sti version? Hmmm...pattern here?

Archived