LegacyGT.com

2006 with Some Possible Truth

Probably has been posted but apparently there is proof from Subaru techs that there will be two 6 speed Legacy models coming out next year.

STI? Doubt it but probably a 2.5GT with a 6 speed, maybe some HIDs, and NAV. Looks like there might be a lot of 05s on the market after the official announcement.

Thoughts? Comments? I'm crazy but I've been dying to get a Leg GT, but waiting on the tweaks of it because Subaru is always good for it and well you never buy a car in the first year model... :p

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can put HIDs and a Navi in yourself. A 6 speed would be a little interesting to manage. I'll bet you could put HIDs and Navi in a Legacy for a couple thousand less than what Subaru will charge for it anyway. Its not worth waiting for IMO.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Perhaps... Infiniti pulls hard with the G35x though... My greatest enemy is the fact that I'm very nearly form over function but the G35x almost seems like less of a compromise than the Legacy GT AWD. I've yet to test drive either... Subaru's super reliable engine is one of the main reasons I am still on the Legacy bandwagon... I wrecked my 97 Legacy once already and beat it to 110K miles and it still runs very well. The other thing I'd want to do is clear out the yellow in the headlight... I've seen someone do it on here but I think it is illegal... The G35x handles the yellow requirement quite a bit btter imo...

The yellow isn't a requirement. As long as the bulb blinks yellow then its perfectly legal. Many cars don't even have amber corners. My 94 Legacy (I think it was a 94) is a good example of that. Clear corners from the factory.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

If it isn't required, why do they have it? It is, in fact, the biggest con for me about the new Legacy. I don't know about yellow bulbs etc... I'm a pretty maintenance free type of person so putting me in charge of de-ambering my headlights is a pretty bad idea. :p

If Subaru adds HIDs and navi, I'm buying. :) I'm sitting here waiting to hear about the 2006 that is supposedly coming out this summer but geez... this close to summer and still no info? What gives?

You would no oh so much more if you were a donating member, hint hint.

I'll help you out though, navigation yes, hid's haven't been decided on yes or no yet by the big wigs. June to July you'll see the first few 06's.

2017 F150 Platinum EB

2009 SWP Spec B

I know this isn't bonafide hard proof but check out the thread, a Subaru tech has a screenshot of something referring to model codes and what not. We can only see, just relaying info over because I know not many of you came from NASIOC

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=722050&page=5&pp=25

Regarding that screen shot, that 6-speed doesn't specify manual...could Subaru be following the Mercedes trend of offering more cogs with the AT? If there is any 6-speed at all, my guess (stated earlier and often in other threads) is that it will be the "Spec B" that they are selling in other markets, with uprated suspension, H6 and six-speed box. Amenities such as nav and HID would logically be attendant to such a package.

I would have bought that car in a second.

Kevin

I could maybe see a 3.0 6 speed like the one in AUS, but I doubt we will see a 6 speed 2.5 GT. As for NAV and HID's, not really big on my list of things to have, already have NAV on my PPC, and the lights on the LGT are already pretty much as good as HID's so I don't see a reason to upgrade. I really doubt they would make to many changes to next year's model, it would really be a slap in the face to 2005 owners who supported the car when it first came out.

also any news if the 06 offers WRC Blue or any other colors???

There will be two new colors for OB or LGT......a green and a grey. Not sure of trim levels or details.

I could maybe see a 3.0 6 speed like the one in AUS, but I doubt we will see a 6 speed 2.5 GT. As for NAV and HID's, not really big on my list of things to have, already have NAV on my PPC, and the lights on the LGT are already pretty much as good as HID's so I don't see a reason to upgrade. I really doubt they would make to many changes to next year's model, it would really be a slap in the face to 2005 owners who supported the car when it first came out.

that is what I was thinking at first but apparently there is two trims that will be getting the six speed. I can see one in the 3.0 and then a 6 in the GT. I can hope can't I. If they release a color darker than the crystal grey that would be great, I felt the crystal grey wasn't quite dark enough. I'm looking for something closer to the Graphite Grey on the Evo, I drewl when I see it but then I slap myself and realize it's an Evo :p

If there is any 6-speed at all, my guess (stated earlier and often in other threads) is that it will be the "Spec B" that they are selling in other markets, with uprated suspension, H6 and six-speed box. Amenities such as nav and HID would logically be attendant to such a package.

I would have bought that car in a second.

Kevin

Same here. Especially in a wagon :)

If they release a color darker than the crystal grey that would be great, I felt the crystal grey wasn't quite dark enough. I'm looking for something closer to the Graphite Grey on the Evo, I drewl when I see it but then I slap myself and realize it's an Evo :p

Something like this?

Something like this?

Can you say wow!!! That color seems really close to the RB5 color. Simply amazing. Offer that color in a GT, 6 speed, HIDs, and I'm ordering 100%. I've been waiting for a solid year and the money is burning a hole in my pocket. I have been putting off getting a new car for so long but if it comes in that package, I'm there.

Absolutely beautiful

:( and that was the color that every other car I was looking at had. Oh well, the Obsidian Black Pearl is beautiful and WOW does it look nice when clean. How about Subaru not bring us that grey just so that if I can't have it no one can!

Archived