LegacyGT.com

2006 with Some Possible Truth

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I heard the 06 is gonna have a button that makes it sprout wings and fly

I know u are kidding, but Subaru would never be that forward thinking. Such an idea is the realm of real prestige cars like BMW, Audi, Merc, and even Honda. I'm pissed off at Subaru for not bringing out a real prestige car with better looks and more standard appointments. The Honda Euro is going gang busters here in Australia and I'm tired of it. I hope Subaru rectify this soon otherwise they will lose big time.

"Subaru would never be that forward thinking. Such an idea is the realm of real prestige cars like BMW, Audi, Merc, and even Honda. I'm pissed off at Subaru for not bringing out a real prestige car with better looks and more standard appointments."

I certainly hope you are kidding. If you are not, they you miss the point to the Legacy GT. If I had wanted another lexus, I would have bought one. I wanted bang for the buck, as soon as you start adding everything the lexus has you are at 40k.

I certainly hope you are kidding. If you are not, they you miss the point to the Legacy GT. If I had wanted another lexus, I would have bought one. I wanted bang for the buck, as soon as you start adding everything the lexus has you are at 40k.

Sadly I'm not. Personally I love my GT - it's excellent value for money and the car drives like a dream. Please don't get me wrong, the more I drive the car (now almost a year), the more I like it - still!! The problem is the general public don't recognize this. They go more for the looks, inside and out. Again, I actually like the looks of the car inside, and to some extent outside - but that the point - to some extent. It's generally bland looking from most angles. Inside it's nice but still the Honda has more appeal to me at first. The next thing people go for is appointments. The Honda has more standard features for the same cost as a low end basic Liberty/Legacy. Dam it it even has HID and auto sensing wipers. It's these little things that attract people. I went for the GT because value for money and acceleration are more important to me as long as the looks are decent, which the GT is and a little more. I'm just seeing it from my friends’ points of view and assessing why the Liberty of all types is not doing so well here in Australia compared to the Mazda 6 and Honda Euro.

Well, I got to play with the NAV in the B9 Tribeca today! :D It was kinda fun, few of us played with it. :D

To be honest, I wouldn't expect HID, not needed and the B9 doesn't have it. As for 6-speeds, would that be a 3.0R and a 3.0R Limited as an option/base transmission like available on the foreign Spec B's? Perhaps.

I haven't heard anything about 06 models aside speculation, supposedly one or two colors are being added including what I believe is the dark grey used on the lower trim of some Outbacks, would it be the urban grey available in Japan now?

But honestly, I would guess there won't be too significant changes changes and additons for MY06. If anything, I would guess a 3.0R may be available in the USDM for MY06 since it is out in several locations around the planet, however, I wouldn't guess we'd be getting the Spec B suspension and 18" wheels/tires as it would likely be too harsh for this market. Just an observation on my part.

I disagree strongly on just about every point.

1. I love the looks, inside and out. Looks FAR better than my 36k 325i did inside. Outside front is beautiful. I never seen ANY Honda/Acura better. Back could be better

2. Appointments for the same cost??? HARDLY..yep no HID, or NAV system..but I want to see you buy ANY AWD with these options and power at this price. I shopped it. Not even close. Audi..underpowered in base..have to be 40k for the same. Volvo...Same....Ford, not offered, GM, not offered. 300C...38K gas hog. I could go on and on. I need awd to get out of my driveway, literally. I don't want a car everyone else drives either.

I disagree strongly on just about every point.

1. I love the looks, inside and out. Looks FAR better than my 36k 325i did inside. Outside front is beautiful. I never seen ANY Honda/Acura better. Back could be better

2. Appointments for the same cost??? HARDLY..yep no HID, or NAV system..but I want to see you buy ANY AWD with these options and power at this price. I shopped it. Not even close. Audi..underpowered in base..have to be 40k for the same. Volvo...Same....Ford, not offered, GM, not offered. 300C...38K gas hog. I could go on and on. I need awd to get out of my driveway, literally. I don't want a car everyone else drives either.

That's your opinion, which happen to agree with most if mine. I'm just stating what many others are telling me. Most of these other people drive BMWs, Audis, Hondas, Mazdas, and they will never contemplate switching over to a Subaru under it's current form dispite the fact I've driven them around and they liked the "pocket rocket". The "customer is always right", although I feel they are most often too stupid or too fixated in their own ways. It's a shame as the Gt is such a nice car all round.

Oh, yes, you know what really put me off buying a Honda? It was that silly skinny spare wheel. I refuse to buy any car that doesn't have a full size spare wheel. I suppose this didn't stop the masses peferring the Honda over the Subaru - goes to show how superficial people can be. As for the AWD - yes I love it - probably never will go back to a FWD or RWD car, except perhaps an M3 :D

Fan42025,

Good to see that you don't agree with the masses. Let em' buy the other cars. I got really tired of seeing the car I drove driven my everyone else. Felt like a lemming. I know the GT will have a strong cult following in the US and that's good enough for me. I PRAY it never becomes a Honda Accord.

Fan42025,

Good to see that you don't agree with the masses. Let em' buy the other cars. I got really tired of seeing the car I drove driven my everyone else. Felt like a lemming. I know the GT will have a strong cult following in the US and that's good enough for me. I PRAY it never becomes a Honda Accord.

That's a nice way of looking at it. I'd go to my friends and say: look the reason why there are less GTs on the road than say BMWs (at least here) is the GT is more prestigious, not as prestigious as say a top end 5 series or M5, but certainly more so than a normal 3 series. Hmmm. I don't think that will wash with them but I like it. I suppose though you are right in a way - just because a car is very popular doesn't make it better. However, I bet Subaru would love to see the ordinary Legacy (not the GT or B spec) be more popular. And that's the crunch - it could be it they really tried but they don't appear to be. If they were, then they can provide us with even better spec GTs ala M3 style but at almost half the cost and make me even more happy.

I'm not sure what the automotive climate is down under, but over here where BMW out numbers the Subaru prolly 10:1 or Honda whatever, a Subaru is a thinking person's car. Subaru over-engineers what are important to a car. That's why cars like the wrx or the legacy are such fun to drive cars and over here, there are no direct competition. the nearest being an Audi A4 which is far slower and handles like a boat but costs more. Same goes with a G35X that the only thing going for it is the VQ35 engine. Be glad that u are counted as on of the smart owners and if i were you, i'd ditch the rather superficial friends of yours.

i would be so pissed off if they brought out an STi legacy... because i just bought my 05!! i mean if it comes with hids and nav i wouldnt care, ide like to know how much more it would have risen the price... but if they bring out a 6 spd ill be bullshit!

also, i ppaid 26700, if i could have gotten a six speed for mabye a grand or two more, ill regret ever buying this car.. SOA is a bunch of ignorant stupid assholes if they release the STi or 6 spd leggy... F* them for selling the legacy for an entire year, than bringing out a higher performing/ better model letting everyone with an 05 leggy get stuck with it... it makes no sense to me... i bet if i tried to sell my car now with 588 miles ide get nothing close to what i paid,

if the price is dramatic than i wouldnt have a problem because i would have not been able to afford it, but if it will be close to the same cost, ill be bullshit

sorry for my pissed off rant but i hate thinking about it

-a

Alex - please watch the language.

Every manufacturer brings the high-performance versions out later in the product life-cycle to help increase sales. At least 90% of sales come from the mainstream models, not the hi-performance ones. Check out stats for BMW, Audi, M-B, etc.......the manufacturers build them because they help with PR and drive sales of std. models. If SOA does release the Legacy STi, you can always trade your LGT in. That's what thousands of WRX drivers did when the WRX STi was released.

Fan42025,

I hope I'm not the first one to notice that someone made you change your avatar.

.......not that I noticed your last avatar or anything. Of course this one is fine.

I have never heard the word avatar before this forum.

This is not my beautiful car.

Sadly I'm not. Personally I love my GT - it's excellent value for money and the car drives like a dream. Please don't get me wrong, the more I drive the car (now almost a year), the more I like it - still!! The problem is the general public don't recognize this. They go more for the looks, inside and out. Again, I actually like the looks of the car inside, and to some extent outside - but that the point - to some extent. It's generally bland looking from most angles. Inside it's nice but still the Honda has more appeal to me at first. The next thing people go for is appointments. The Honda has more standard features for the same cost as a low end basic Liberty/Legacy. Dam it it even has HID and auto sensing wipers. It's these little things that attract people. I went for the GT because value for money and acceleration are more important to me as long as the looks are decent, which the GT is and a little more. I'm just seeing it from my friends’ points of view and assessing why the Liberty of all types is not doing so well here in Australia compared to the Mazda 6 and Honda Euro.

:) WOW!!! and if I didn't mention it, WOW!!! To me your logic is not. I'm going to jump in to this trans-continental (friendly) sparring. Not for nothin' but prestige is different things to different people. Shame is something you feel when you may think that you are not worthy and face ridicule. Marketing has got you by the short hairs. Prestige can be ironic also. Having a world war two era 45 degree v-twin motorcylcle with a carbon steel tube frame and a horse saddle can be very prestigious (to some). Especially if you have a custom one built by a bunch of wackos. Vintage european or american cars with no frills or features except strong powertrains, wind noise and exhaust (which they "pipe" in to the new BMW Z 4's) can be very prestigious. Can any one say porsche speedster, shovelhead harley, or hemi roadrunner. They didn't have rain sensing wipers or HID lights.

I went from an e39 (1997-2003) BMW 540 I Six Speed-Loaded, to my GT. No shame. Also had a '99 BMW Z3 2.8 Coupe 5 speed. Both were very fun in their own right.

My silver 05 gt is just as much as a drivers car, and different but not embarrasing in anyway.

Jeez, maybe they should just stick a Jaguar badge on a Ford, Saab badge on a Subaru, Chevy badge on a Saab or Toyota or Isuzu, Ford on a Volvo, Chrysler on a Mercedes. Oh I think that and more has allready been done............ you get the picture. In know you do.

It is almost sad (i'm crying on the keypad right now) that an emblem change, slick advertising and yes, rain sensing wipers and six speeds have us spinning is every single direction that has absolutely (in most cases) nothing to do with driving enjoyment.

Feel no shame,brother in your "sub-par" Subie. People in rickshaws are very envious of you.

This is not my beautiful car.

i would be so pissed off if they brought out an STi legacy... because i just bought my 05!! i mean if it comes with hids and nav i wouldnt care, ide like to know how much more it would have risen the price... but if they bring out a 6 spd ill be bullshit!

also, i ppaid 26700, if i could have gotten a six speed for mabye a grand or two more, ill regret ever buying this car.. SOA is a bunch of ignorant stupid assholes if they release the STi or 6 spd leggy... F* them for selling the legacy for an entire year, than bringing out a higher performing/ better model letting everyone with an 05 leggy get stuck with it... it makes no sense to me... i bet if i tried to sell my car now with 588 miles ide get nothing close to what i paid,

if the price is dramatic than i wouldnt have a problem because i would have not been able to afford it, but if it will be close to the same cost, ill be bullshit

sorry for my pissed off rant but i hate thinking about it

-a

I have an '05 LGT and I hope they significantly improve the model every year. What's the alternative - forced stagnancy to make their very literate, polite customers feel better?

Yep, they made me change my Avatar. She didn't have the prestige to be on this board. (I kill myself :-) )

Alex...seek help soon. Unreasonable to be so angry over a car makers decision.

Bretm1, couldn't agree more. In 10 years, they'll all be saying...wow you had a first year 2.5GT turbo?!

I presently own a 2004 VW R32 with a 6 speed MT. I owned a WRX before this and several Subies before that. I will be getting rid of the VW in favor of a GT. For those wondering, in theory, the 6th gear is good for cruising, which reduces fuel consuption. My WRX had a 5MT. I really don't think the difference is worth feeling cheated when it becomes an option on the GT. Both cars are equally a blast to drive.

Archived