LegacyGT.com

do you dope your gas?

I dope my SVT contour w/ 4 ounces of acetone and 2 ounces of toluol and get a mixed milage of 29 (mostly city some hwy.) Normally it gets 24 mixed. TheLGT gets 20-21 mixed normally and with the acetone it gets about 24, the toluol 22, and the acetone toluol mixtue it gets 23-24. But like I said acetone seems to make the turbo spool up slower. So I use 5 ounces of toluol and 1 ounce of acetone and it seems to be about the same as no dope.

I was wondering if anyone else was a fuel doper? And what their findings are like. The LGT is @ 60 k and needs a fiter change, so I'll see what that looks like too.

This is an interesting concept. I did a little research and it seems like you get different answers depending on where you look. One question, acetone appears to be corrosive to most materials. Has anyone seem damage to o-rings or rubber fuel lines?

Acetone melts certain plastics, but using only a few ounces per tank and adding a gear lube to help lube, I see no harm. I've done this in the lawnmower for years and had no issues. Go a head and try the rules are 4 oz. Per 10 gall of gas

yea i'm going to stick with straight fuel.

+1

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

There has been a ton of tests done about acetone...check the internet...lots of interesting reading. I tried it for a while in my '02 Impreza RS and found exactly what all the tests point out...NO DIFFERENCE!!!! If it really worked it would be in all the pump gas already...........my brother is a chemical engineer and worked for Shell for years...His advice?? DON"T even think of it :(:(...that ought to get lots of guys to try it:lol::lol::lol:

Archived