LegacyGT.com

FHI begins construction of new engine plant

keepclam

Wow, Iwanna... wow! Using history as a reference (since Jimmy Carter), you make an extremely solid point. And I agree with you. However, there are innovative companies such as Tesla. Tesla is is developing their new car that looks absolutely gorgeous for $50K, view the link below:

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9090513.014/tesla-motors-reports-1000-orders-for-model-s

Tell me that American made car is not a beauty? The only problem that will remain will be how it survives in a crash. Second, Li-Ion batteries are extremely "toxic to the environment" (getting so sick of using that damn term). Third, when more and more people buy electric cars, we'll be in an energy crunch for more electricity. This administration will never look into Nuclear power (for reasons I will never understand). And lastly, there will be new complaints about why batteries are so toxic and damaging to the environment. Then from there it will be about why we are using technologies to support toxic products that damage the environment. And it will just go on and on... I see no end to this. Just more politics and BS.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have said before that the Model S is a nice looking car, aside from a few odd details, like the oval grille.

I am not convinced that battery power is a viable on-board energy source, and have yet to see technology that makes it anywhere nearly as practical as on-board liquid fuel. I am also unconvinced that it can be done for $50k MSRP for such a completely custom, uniquely tooled car.

I discuss that over in the "Daimler invests in Tesla" thread, in the "Other Cars" off topic forum.

Archived