LegacyGT.com

High Performance Racing Driving School Group Buy GB

Will you sign up for a groub buy discount LGT member's only 2-day race school?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Will you sign up for a groub buy discount LGT member's only 2-day race school?

• YES count me in! I can't wait.
    • No way. I would never do something like that and its too much money!
    • What do I need a performance driving school for? I know everything.

I just started speaking with someone over at Skip Barber.

http://www.skipbarber.com/

I'm interested in their high performance two day driving school.

One way to make a great two days even better is if we filled an entire class up with LGT members.

Before I get into specifics on pricing and dates I thought I would just send some feelers out and see if this is something there is any interest for.

If we could get a discounted rate would you be interested in attending a two day high performance driving school held at laguna seca?

They don't mention this on the website but there are certain exercises on both days of the school in which you can use your own car!!!

I'm interested for sure. Also if we fall a few short, I'm sure some I-Club people would be interested too...

There is no "I'm interested pending the amount of discount" option in the poll lol

Anyone out here in California know of another school.

I found a description of a racing or driving school just north of Sacramento.

I would like to know what they were talking about.

I'm getting some pricing right now fro the Skip Barber school at Laguna Seca Mazda Speedway.

I'm not sure we can beat that location and track.

The Subaru Spec B racing team is actually racing in an event there this weekend May 15-17.

I would love to get some time on that track!

Laguna Seca.... that's what I'm doing this all for. i need a helmet, gloves, to install my turbo, injectors, new clutch, race pads, and get a tune.

Hopefully all this is done by the first week of June.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

Laguna Seca.... that's what I'm doing this all for. i need a helmet, gloves, to install my turbo, injectors, new clutch, race pads, and get a tune.

Hopefully all this is done by the first week of June.

careful about the race pads :p

car for sale. PM me!

I actually don't find Laguna Seca all that interesting. I guess the allure is due to its heritage and popularity in video games, etc. For me, Infineon Raceway's more my cup o' tea. I'm willing to drive the extra couple of hours northward for Sears Pt. vs Laguna.

Someday...both ;)

issai, I grew up visiting Laguna several times but I've not been to Infineon. How would you rate both of those to the SoCal offerings?

Lawl...no worries man, until I get enough seat time ds2500's (or similar) are probably as far as I'll go.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

Subjectively, out of tracks I've been on which include Laguna Seca, Thunder Hill, Buttonwillow, I do enjoy Infineon the most. There really are at most two stretches, before the turn 11 hairpin and right after (if I remember my turns correctly), where you can gain speed. Other than that, it's quite a technical track, with the combination of blinds, elevation changes, off-camber turns, and esses making the experience almost "rhythmic", like a high-speed dance in your car. Quite a few fellow BMW CCA B- and A-class students seem to agree as well (I'm just a lowly C-class student myself). BMW CCA will be hosting an Infineon school in November which I highly recommend anyone to attend. If I'm still employed by then, I'll be going to that.

I can't wait to try out Fontana in 2 weeks, though. It's been 2+ years since I last tracked, plus it's so close to home!

Archived