LegacyGT.com

For all you Trans Am lovers

Eeeh, not bad. Not as bad as the new Chevelle from a few years ago. But the TA would be sweet if it had a LS-based motor punched to either 400CI or a Super Duty version with a 455.

Well the new ss has a 6.2 liter ls3, so thats 376CI but yes a nice 7.6liter 550-580 Naturally aspirated crank hp 455 would be nice

And yeah that chevelle was a modified GTO the rear end looked good but the front end was horrible

I thought of that too.

You could do it yourself, purchasing emblems and changing a few moldings/vents. Personally I would make mine white with blue stripes. If had the money, however, I'd give this one a serious look.

I didn't think of the shaker hood, but since this body style is based on the '67-69 models, it really isn't cannon to the look.

--

Guest JessterCPA
Interesting idea....not too sure if I like the execution. I'm sure further versions will come out.

I thought of that too.

You could do it yourself, purchasing emblems and changing a few moldings/vents. Personally I would make mine white with blue stripes. If had the money, however, I'd give this one a serious look.

I didn't think of the shaker hood, but since this body style is based on the '67-69 models, it really isn't cannon to the look.

--

The first trans am was in 1969 but they were very limited in production, up until that point they were just firebirds. The first mass produced year was 1970 with this style of front end and shaker hood and also the first year the 455 was released in the car.

The first trans am was in 1969 but they were very limited in production, up until that point they were just firebirds. The first mass produced year was 1970 with this style of front end and shaker hood and also the first year the 455 was released in the car.

Yes, but what I'm saying is this 2010 Camaro is based on the '67 - '69 Camaro/Firebirds.

Changing out the front grill and adding a shaker hood isn't cannon. It looks cool, but it is molding qualities of the 1st and 2nd gens.

Yes, but what I'm saying is this 2010 Camaro is based on the '67 - '69 Camaro/Firebirds.

Changing out the front grill and adding a shaker hood isn't cannon. It looks cool, but it is molding qualities of the 1st and 2nd gens.

True, but to make it a 67 firebird you would only change the grill really, eveything else is very minor or the same. So the company would just sell a grill and call it a day

the front looks close to the concept pic.

if not, it seems a semi simple front bumper swap can obtain the same looks, since the whole front is a single piece separated right before the wheel well and the hood. and the only new part you may need is the headlights, unless they adpated the smaller lights to fit.

The more I look at that black and gold concept car the more I want one. I'd effing sell vehicle I own to have that. I personally do not like the styling of the new Camaro......actually I always thought the Pontiac was the better looking of the two F bodies.

My second car was a 1974 Formula Firebird with the shaker hood option. I still miss that car.:redface:

I personally do not like the styling of the new Camaro

You, me, and a whole lot of other people are in that same boat. The new Mustang looks pretty good. Quite nice when done correctly and you can tell that it was designed to look like an old Mustang. Challenger, dead to rights as a 70. And it looks good. New Camaro, looks like an ugly ass concept car that GM designed hoping that the name (not styling) will drudge up big business for them. Fail on their part again.:rolleyes:

You, me, and a whole lot of other people are in that same boat. The new Mustang looks pretty good. Quite nice when done correctly and you can tell that it was designed to look like an old Mustang. Challenger, dead to rights as a 70. And it looks good. New Camaro, looks like an ugly ass concept car that GM designed hoping that the name (not styling) will drudge up big business for them. Fail on their part again.:rolleyes:

Lol so your saying GM made it ugly and then hoped the name camaro would make it cool. I think GM thought it looked good as do many people. And yes many people also thinks its ugly, me idk yet. I wanna go over the whole thing at a dealer before i decide. Now that im single im really wanting to get back into cars since i will have alot more free time on my hands. Just trying to figure out what i want.

Lol so your saying GM made it ugly and then hoped the name camaro would make it cool.

Alright, maybe not one that they made ugly but rather one that wasn't made to look as classic as the Mustang/Challenger was. Kind of a modern twist on a kind of classic line.

Alright, maybe not one that they made ugly but rather one that wasn't made to look as classic as the Mustang/Challenger was. Kind of a modern twist on a kind of classic line.

Yeah, i like the challenger and the srt-8 engines, just never liked owning a coupe that weighs 4200lbs. The mustang i have always thought was ugly, the 03/04 mach 1 and cobra would be the only 2 i would consider buying.

My dad is really considering getting a 09 r/t after he pays of his truck in abotu a year, he doesnt care about weight as long as it puts you in your seat which im sure 410ftlbs will do a decent job at that and looks good.

I do agree that 2003/04 was the pinnacle of new Mustang looks but even the 05+ isn't hideous. Done with taste in mind, they can still look good. And the 3 valve can apparently make some good numbers in forced induction form.

Build me one of these and it might be different:

http://images.cardomain.com/sites/cardomain/features/john/trans-am.jpg

+1 million

I would buy a retro modeled after a 76 in a heartbeat

Build me one of these and it might be different:

http://images.cardomain.com/sites/cardomain/features/john/trans-am.jpg

I am ashamed to say that I would even grow a mullet to drive one if that is what it took.:wub:

Archived