LegacyGT.com

shed a tear for me

man! :( glad that you and your son are both ok though.

From the looks of things, your frame might be damaged enough to have it totaled, or you can atleast press for it because yea, the car might not feel the same again. but hey, it'll be very close

the frame is barley moved i didn't even notice till the insurance adjuster told me about it.....i still haven't talked to him today to see what the real damage is but from everything i have gathered they are going to fix it......on a side note i saw your from Roachchester.....i lived there for 6yrs and will be on my way up there this weekend for my friend fat muskas 30th birthday party in wollcott on sat.....but shit if your down i'll be at the monty crown on monroe fri night for some drinks after my 5hr drive

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to hear you and your son are ok. The car is fixable or replaceable. Make sure you get a good body shop this is AWD. May be let the Ins agent know your conserned about tire wear after the car is fixed.

So you used to be a Honda guy with a quick civic? My son and I happen to have a quick yellow hatch, ran 9's.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

well by the looks of the car and the year, it could be totaled out man, I have an 08 and I hit a small tree and it was 7K here is the pic I know it does not look as bad as yours. I have the list of stuff that was replaced, ie.. 3 wheels, door,suspension and more. I just got my car back a week ago, they had it for a month and a week. I am glad you and the kid are fine, and my side air bags did not go off either, but I sure remember that tree coming at me.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/5120/pic1t.jpg

Glad to hear you and your son are ok. The car is fixable or replaceable. Make sure you get a good body shop this is AWD. May be let the Ins agent know your conserned about tire wear after the car is fixed.

So you used to be a Honda guy with a quick civic? My son and I happen to have a quick yellow hatch, ran 9's.

9s huh...that is a little more then quick...lol....best i ever ran in my sohc z6 turbo hatch was high 12s.....i will let the insurance guy know about my concerns cause i have a few.....tire wear being one of them

well by the looks of the car and the year, it could be totaled out man, I have an 08 and I hit a small tree and it was 7K here is the pic I know it does not look as bad as yours. I have the list of stuff that was replaced, ie.. 3 wheels, door,suspension and more. I just got my car back a week ago, they had it for a month and a week. I am glad you and the kid are fine, and my side air bags did not go off either, but I sure remember that tree coming at me.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/5120/pic1t.jpg

i know how it stands now the adjuster hasn't got to go over it real good cause the garage still has to strip the stuff off to see what damage is behind the mangled body parts...but when i talked to him last week we were at 6k....with that still to claim....they haven't mentioned totaling it yet?.....from what i can tell now i think they are intending to fix it...but that might change.....

Glad you're ok. I'm having a hard time with the $6k figure based on what I can actually see, let alone what happened underneath.

like i said that was just a first look at it....they had to get it into the body shop to really take a look at it...that 6k figure i'm pretty sure is minus the suspension shit....when i was with the guy...we did a walk around...and just from that walk around...we where at new hood,new front fender,new side skirt, new head light and tail light,pulling the dent out the back quarter panel....tire and rim...the frame and battery and timing belt cover....i was having a hard time with that figure myself....but he said when they take it apart that i will raise.....no shit is what i thought.....i'm real torn on what i want....part of me wants it fixed cause like i said i'm "attached"...and lgt are not really a dime a dozen here....i lookes on autotrader in my area and all i saw was a 99 auto lgt not really what i;m looking for......but the other half is that i;ll be driving a wrecked car with a salavaged title....so i don't know i just call progressive to see if they where out there yet....and the dude on the phone didn't have a clue....i would just go down to the body shop....but the wife has her car which means i'm stuck at home....so i'm just sitting here stewing till the call me

Sorry to hear about this but all you can say that the most important thing is that you and your son are in good health. It's scary how when you first posted up pics I was welcoming you(2 weeks ago)and then something like this happens but stuff like this is something you cannot control!

GL budd

Sorry to hear about this but all you can say that the most important thing is that you and your son are in good health. It's scary how when you first posted up pics I was welcoming you(2 weeks ago)and then something like this happens but stuff like this is something you cannot control!

GL budd

yea i know the most important thing is me and my son are fine...and thank god for it..kudo to subaru fo making a great car......yea i know two weeks....i've only gone through one tank of gas since i've owned it.....now it sits at the body shop with a full tank of 93 in it.....figures any time anything happens to one of my cars it has a full tank in it....lol.....never filling up again

i would be hoping for a total in this case. LGTs are not easy to find if you're looking. Found mine when I was actually looking for a different car :p

maybe that's the key. it's like reverse psychology... on yourself. . by yourself

car for sale. PM me!

i would be hoping for a total in this case. LGTs are not easy to find if you're looking. Found mine when I was actually looking for a different car :p

maybe that's the key. it's like reverse psychology... on yourself. . by yourself

yea i'm thinking totaled too.....i wasn't looking for a car at all when i found it...saw it, test drove it, fell in love....if they do total it there is a prefectly good ej25 (60k) swap out there waiting for someone....hope it goes that route instead of the crusher

glad you 2 are OK, i'm hoping totalled for you. what kinda caddy? couldn't be an escalade otherwise i think it would've been worse. make sure they use real subaru parts and not some ebay crap if they fix it, you have a right to see the parts list when ordered - talk to the body shop

Man, if that damage to the rear of the car was from the impact in the front then you're unibody probably tweaked something terrible. I hope they get the car back to you quickly, but it will probably never be totally the same.

no the damage to the rear if from when she hit me she got stun around and hit me again.....first shot to the front second to the rear....all four doors open fine....the front is alittle harder just because the fender is kinda in the way......and for who asked it was a 2000 caddie cts....should have toke pics of her car too but she drifted it back across the road she was coming from...and honestly i was shook up some

Wow. She didn't hit you once, but twice. That's like a kick when you're already down. Someone told me once that it's not a bad idea to keep a disposable camera in the glovebox, just so you have some evidence if you get into an accident that's not your fault.

Wow. She didn't hit you once, but twice. That's like a kick when you're already down. Someone told me once that it's not a bad idea to keep a disposable camera in the glovebox, just so you have some evidence if you get into an accident that's not your fault.

yea i had the camera in the car cause i was going to the park and wanted to take pics of the boy....i forgot it was there till i started cleaning it out....

Archived