LegacyGT.com

GB: Gauging Interest for Antenna Connections

mvigneau

That's great. I am sure 4 people will be happy with them. If you are afraid of screwing them up, I can make the cables for you and then you wouldn't have to worry.

It took them about a week to contact me after receiving the parts and then they hand delivered them.

On another note. Received the JVC KS-IF200 and it works INFINITELY better than the other unit. I am very happy with it and it will suffice until CLEAN SWEEP (not the show).

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am going to use the list as a guide and give it to the first names on the list (of course, the person that sent me the samples will have first dibs).

List so far:

1.) eelan

2.) jp928

3.) firedawgs

4.) DSattler

5.) vidmaster (x2)

6.) vidmaster

7.) doogdog

8.) Nick

9.) Legacy05GT

10.) _42

11.) crash

12.) RoundBoy

13.) gmorris

14.) whines (x2)

15.) whines

Mvigneau,

Which FM modulator were you using before the JVC? I have the Delphi FM Direct model. This is the one that doesn't require +12V/Gnd wired to it directly. My guess is that it receives the wireless transmission from the Roady2 (or SKYFI2) then somehow switches the vehicle antenna in/out based on if the Roady2 is on or off. I liked this approach because it allowed me to still select the FM frequency from the receiver. Has anybody used the Delphi FM Direct model? If so, any opinions on signal quality? I'd like know because I had planned to install the Hirose connectors directly to the modulator's cables (ie cutting off the Motorola connectors) rather than adding the extra connection needed using patch cables. If the JVC model sounds much better then I might decide to use that one instead.

Mike Vigneau,

I received my Hirose connectors today. Send me your address and I'll forward the spares. Only thing Hirose messed up was not sending the retaining clips for the connectors, but those are a backup retaining feature anyhow.

I installed the connectors onto my Delphi FM modulator cables and tried it out, but found that I've lost AM reception. FM and the XM receiver work fine. I hadn't noticed anyone else mentioning loss of AM reception. The modulator manual says that some radios have an active bias that needs to be for AM to work, but since there's not another lead going thru the connector I figured that wouldn't be a problem for the Legacy radio.

As long as I can get parts, I will continue making them.

1.) eelan

2.) jp928

3.) firedawgs

4.) DSattler

5.) vidmaster (x2)

6.) vidmaster

7.) doogdog

8.) Nick

9.) Legacy05GT

10.) _42

11.) crash

12.) RoundBoy

13.) gmorris

14.) whines (x2)

15.) whines

16.) unidentifiedman1

17.) ticketstub

18.) zenkick

19.) ExKneedragger

20.) unobtainium

Oops...Sorry...I have adjusted the list accordingly. If I have missed anybody, don't hesitate to ask and I will adjust. Of course, I check to make sure that I actually missed it and you aren't just trying to bump yourself higher.

1.) eelan

2.) jp928

3.) firedawgs

4.) DSattler

5.) vidmaster (x2)

6.) vidmaster

7.) doogdog

8.) Nick

9.) Legacy05GT

10.) _42

11.) crash

12.) RoundBoy

12a.) stokes_05ob

13.) gmorris

14.) whines (x2)

15.) whines

16.) unidentifiedman1

17.) ticketstub

18.) zenkick

19.) ExKneedragger

20.) unobtainium

21.) drewster

please add me to the list!!!!!!!!!! please oh please!!!!1
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

LOL...

1.) eelan

2.) jp928

3.) firedawgs

4.) DSattler

5.) vidmaster (x2)

6.) vidmaster

7.) doogdog

8.) Nick

9.) Legacy05GT

10.) _42

11.) crash