LegacyGT.com

GB: Gauging Interest for Antenna Connections

mvigneau

I am unable to order more samples.

But I was thinking, that instead, other people would order like 20 samples of each of the 6 SKUs needed and then send them to me and I can create cables for people and do the same thing I did with the samples I had.

If people are interested, post on the board as well as order the samples. If you need the SKU Numbers, I can post those.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1.) eelan

2.) jp928

3.) firedawgs

4.) DSattler

5.) vidmaster (x2)

6.) vidmaster

7.) doogdog

8.) Nick

9.) Legacy05GT

10.) _42

Right on, great work..mabey this will kill the static sneaking through my hacked modulator.

Hi all,

I just checked the status of my connector order. It been approved and has an estimated ship date of April 8th. When I ordered them I only thought to get 6 units. I'll forward the spares I have left after modifying my FM modulator cables.

I just wanted to throw my name on the list to show my interest!

1.) eelan

2.) jp928

3.) firedawgs

4.) DSattler

5.) vidmaster (x2)

6.) vidmaster

7.) doogdog

8.) Nick

9.) Legacy05GT

10.) _42

11.) crash

Alright...I'm pretty sure I want onto this list, but have a few questions.

For those of you going this route, what is the preferred FM Modulator of choice?

What are the inputs available to the modulators? RCA?

I searched a bit, but didn't find. I check in all these forums now and then for the possibility of easily replacing or tapping into my stock console.

Thanks for your time...sorry if I could have found this myself looking further.

Oh...and if after the above questions I'm into the list, I'm happy to play the sample game as well if it is working as an alternative supply chain.

It seems that I am not going to even get close the number needed, so I have been asking people that want them to order samples. This way, others can get the cables needed and not have to wait for 130 people to sign up.

As to preferred FM Modulator, I have wondered myself and have been trying to find a better one but haven't had any luck. Usually the inputs are RCAs.

I've heard good things about the AudioVox one.

From what I understand, it actually blocks the FM signal from the antenna when the AUX in is on so you don't get any unwanted FM signals....

I have this one: http://www.jvcservice.com/store/ProductDetail.asp?part=KS-IF200

It does the autosensing and works pretty well. There is an RCA input and you can select different frequencies. It steps on the treble a little bit, and the output is low even with the input sensitivity set at max. I got it from crutchfield for ~$30 several months ago.

The antenna adapter from mvingeau has been working flawlessly (sorry I'm still gushing, I'm still really happy I didn't have to hack the wires myself.)

Wow...I guess that means that they are in high demand. Maybe they should get the picture and allow people to buy less of them or maybe Metraonline bought all of the parts they had?

I ordered that JVC unit and it will hopefully work better than the unit I have now. There is way too much noise coming from it since it uses a common ground for power and audio. I don't even have to connect Ground to get the unit to power up; I only have to connect 12V+. It grabs ground from Antenna's ground or from RCAs ground. Bad design engineering wise and it's probably why there is so much noise.

Using the FM modulator from the Roadie2 isn't as bad as other modulators I've had. I might stick with it over going to a wired FM solution. All I'd need is the extra millimeter or so inside the cubby, and route the wires under and through other stuff, and I'd be done.

edit: Fm transmitter.

It trims the highs and the stereo separation quite a bit, but it's listenable until something better, like the JL solution, comes along.

Tom

FRA-GEE-LAY... It must be Italian!

• 2 weeks later...

Mvigneau,

Just received shipping information on my Hirose parts. They are scheduled to arrive at the nearby distributor today. Apparently they are required to hand deliver the parts to me, so hopefully they'll contact me ASAP. I'll PM you when I know how many spares I can send. This past weekend I discovered our Honda Odyssey also requires the Hirose terminals to allow me to complete an FM mod install in that vehicle. If I don't goof up that should leave me with 4 spare sets. Wish me luck.

Archived