LegacyGT.com

The End is Near !: Norway wants gas/diesel cars banned from 2015

http://uk.reuters.com/article/motoringAutoNews/idUKTRE53Q0FI20090427

I wonder what are the alternatives: I think only the hydrogen car is the viable replacement to gasoline engines. HOWEVER do we get it from 1) algae 2) sun power 3) nuclear power ?

Under the proposal, carmakers could only sell new cars from 2015 that run fully or partly on fuels such as electricity, biofuels or hydrogen. Hybrids using fossil fuels and electricity, for instance, would still be permitted.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/motoringAutoNews/idUKTRE53Q0FI20090427

I wonder what are the alternatives: I think only the hydrogen car is the viable replacement to gasoline engines. HOWEVER do we get it from 1) algae 2) sun power 3) nuclear power ?

Under the proposal, carmakers could only sell new cars from 2015 that run fully or partly on fuels such as electricity, biofuels or hydrogen. Hybrids using fossil fuels and electricity, for instance, would still be permitted.

So how do the Norwegians, who have no auto industry, expect to have their wishes fulfilled in 2015? Do they expect the major world automakers to bend over backwards to supply their tiny market with specialty cars in 6 years?

I foresee many bicycles in their future, maybe some dogsleds too.:lol:

So how do the Norwegians, who have no auto industry, expect to have their wishes fulfilled in 2015? Do they expect the major world automakers to bend over backwards to supply their tiny market with specialty cars in 6 years?

I foresee many bicycles in their future, maybe some dogsleds too.:lol:

:whore:

I never knew Norwegians were so stupid...

It's stupid to ban diesels.

Diesels converted to run on biofuel wouldn't be a bad idea though. I wonder what this will do to their economy. Auto imports to Norway would drop considerably, the price of the average new car would increase, and traditional gas stations would either have to be fully converted to biofuel oe hydrogen, or just go out of business altogether.

Norway isn't exactly warm all year round either. This poses a threat to battery longevity and hydrogen fueled vehicles. You would need to plug your hydrogen powered vehicle in at night similar to a diesel block heater just to keep the fuel cell from freezing.

Nuclear power is cheap. You just gotta spend the $$$ to build a plant first.

By the time you get your permits, and get done fighting the Green Peace shitheads in court it isn't cheap anymore.:lol:

So they want to run their cars on electricity that was made from coal?

Norway is one of the countries in the world with extremely good conditions for water power. They have a surplus already today that they sell. So coal power isn't even needed in Norway. If you want rain - go to Norway!

453747.png

Norway is one of the countries in the world with extremely good conditions for water power. They have a surplus already today that they sell. So coal power isn't even needed in Norway. If you want rain - go to Norway!

Similar to Canada. We have enough Hydro stations to be self sufficient (almost) but we sell most of it to the power hungry Americans. :lol:

By the time you get your permits, and get done fighting the Green Peace shitheads in court it isn't cheap anymore.:lol:

Yeah, well those greenpeacers should give it a rest. 30% of our nation's emissions comes from car and 60% from buildings. Electric cars aside, imagine the reduction in pollution if our grid had more clean nuclear plants.

The nuclear power at my parent's lake home is dirt chip compared to the hydro power they get in Philadelphia.

We should all be happy if Norway reduces their oil consumption.. that just means there will be less oil going to Norway and more available for us!!! Stop hating on these eco-nuts, without them the EPA wouldn't exist, oil would already be depleted and probably 95% of what we use would need to be imported, all of your children would have asthma and gas would cost $25/gallon.

We should all be happy if Norway reduces their oil consumption.. that just means there will be less oil going to Norway and more available for us!!! Stop hating on these eco-nuts, without them the EPA wouldn't exist, oil would already be depleted and probably 95% of what we use would need to be imported, all of your children would have asthma and gas would cost $25/gallon.

You mean that Norway will be able to sell more oil to you and get even richer! They have a serious amount of oil and gas outside their coast! I think that's the business model of Norway.

453747.png

You mean that Norway will be able to sell more oil to you and get even richer! They have a serious amount of oil and gas outside their coast! I think that's the business model of Norway.

Yep. I am actually minutes away from taking a final exam on this and how this $$$ has enabled them to offer both men and women paid leave for newborn children or sick parents. They also have government funded childcare.

Yep. I am actually minutes away from taking a final exam on this and how this $$$ has enabled them to offer both men and women paid leave for newborn children or sick parents. They also have government funded childcare.

Pretty slick what a country can afford to do when it allows their resources to be utilized. Our country could learn a lot, but the environmental whackos will have none of it.

Look at Wyoming as an example, it has the smallest population of any state, no state income tax at all; yet it has excellent schools with olympic sized pools new computers and a bunch of other crap. Teachers in Wyoming make like $70K/year. How do they do it? Why by the revenues they collect in mining and mineral rights for coal, oil, and natural gas. Amazing.

Now just think of all the resources sitting around off our coasts, and inland that we will not allow to be developed and how much revenue we miss out on because of it.

Archived