LegacyGT.com

Purchased my car with 3 bad wheels

Went in for my first service today. I've driven 3000 miles since buying the car putting me at 48k. I got the oil, trans fluid, differential fluid, coolant changed. Since I bought the car I've had some wobbly feedback from the steering wheel at 65+mph. I thought I just needed a balance/ alignment. TURNS OUT 3 OF THE RIMS ARE BENT:eek:. They said they didn't even want to touch alignment until I got new wheels. They also said that it was effecting the symmetrical AWD and could create long term damage.

I bought the car from a used car lot and am going to call them tomorrow. I think I'm going to ask for some money from them for new rims as a good will gesture. God knows I didn't screw up my wheels and I felt the wobble on the thousand mile ride home after picking it up.

How should I go about this (talking to the dealership)?

I plan on being very calm and polite of course, but other than that I just don't know what to say.

I need to know where to get some affordable wheels and tires. Anyone have some advice?

It's a sad day. I was going to order my TBE this week:nono:

For $100 a piece you could definitely get some nice new rims.

There are soooo many nice ones to choose from out there, go check out the stickies in the wheels/tire section.

you drove a thousand miles to pick up a car with 3 broken rims from a used car dealership? ... Learn to car shop man, you totally got swiped. Don't trust any used car place, especially one that's so far away.

OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!! *KACHINK*

If I were you, go on the marketplace here and see if you can find the stock LGT rims. I am very sure they will be much cheaper to buy from a member than from Egay or an online store. Plus if a member tries to swindle you, you can easily call him out and give him a negative iTrader rating.

Very sorry to hear about your wheels man. Can they at least counter balance the wheels with weights to give you a piece of mind until you can buy some newer rims or fix em?

I just ordered the MBs. Hopefully they'll be here on Friday.

I knew that something was wrong on the ride back from picking up the car. I had just flown across the country for the car without seeing it (it was exactly what I wanted and I decided to take my chances). I just hoped it was a wheel balance or alignment issue.

It'll be nice to put some new rims on the car though, although I do really like the stockers. This is why I have a savings account I guess. @#$% happens.

Put this behind you and lesson learned. Now you have some very nice new rims... Congrats. I really like them and you're right they will go well with your ABP. Take good care of them.

I have enough drama for now.....

Talked to the dealership and they are going to ship me 3 new rims at no charge. I already ordered the new ones, but only put down a 10% deposit. I really want to get them anyway and throw some budget summer tires on them. Then again, I can't really afford it.

Stealership really came through. Who'd have thunk it? It makes me wonder if they knew all along that the wheels were bad.

Well, here they are. I think they are a good fit for the car. I'll have to do a real photo shoot soon, but here are some crappy pics for now.

http://i555.photobucket.com/albums/jj457/erictankel/SDC10269.jpg

http://i555.photobucket.com/albums/jj457/erictankel/SDC10274.jpg

http://i555.photobucket.com/albums/jj457/erictankel/SDC10275.jpg

Rims really do change the personality of the car. What do you guys think?

Looks good but I don't think you parked close enough to the wall :eek:

Ya dude, seriously... are you... touching?

I always get paranoid parking up against a wall... I think I'm really close but when I get out of the car, I see that I'm like a foot away :lol:

Archived