LegacyGT.com

New 09 legacy 2.5i

I was unable to find a used gt with decent milage for a resenable price. so i went new. and i was not able to afford the new 09 gt. so i want with a 09 legacy black. nice car. i wont to do mods on it but dont know what to do. if i take the exhaust off do ya'll think it will be a decent sound.

also let me no on some ideas. its my first subie. and car. i ust to own a wrangler all lifted up and i needed something with awd. . let me no on some mods i can do for my legacy. peace:)

it has 3200 miles on it so its pretty broken in.

welcome, but dude: no=know, put ? marks after your questions

Have you searched out to see what others have done to their cars? Honestly to each his own. you mod it the way you want it, not the way we want it. otherwise why own a car;)

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

:lol:oh!!! well than that changes everything.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Save your money, and enjoy the car. Mod the car later on. I plan on doing mods after I get a few more miles on my car. I think it is a bit early to do anything on my car as I only have 1350 on it.

Plus think of it this way. As you mod your car as it gets older, it will always feel new. But when you do all the mods at once and early on, the car feels older faster. ;)

In a non turbo legacy power mods are kinda pointless. So I would just do visual mods and suspension. With some suspension and good tires you can have fun with twisties. but making a 2.5i fast isn't really in the cards, many have tried and failed.

Rallitek and AVO are teaming up to do a turbo kit for the 2.5i that will essentially give you the power of a stock LGT but it will be front mount. to be honest if you were to go that route you'd be spending 5 grand on the kit with the installs and at that point you might as well have bought an LGT and you'd have the warranty on the car still. as for mods to make the car more efficient, check out the N/A section thats your best bet.

wooooo, another 2.5i, yeah do not mod this car engine wise, and please do not take the exhaust off. I just think that is ghetto looking on a nice car. I would do sways and endlinks, panel filter and tint and tires. Hit up the Non-turbo forums.

if i could reccomend some good, efficient mods for you, it would be there. Rallitek 22m & 19mm Front and Rear sway bar kit, Rallitek Endlinks, Cusco Front strut tower bar, Pink JDM STI springs, LGT brakes with Hawk HPS pads, Bosch Icon wipers, and your choice of Tires and Wheels, i'd go with 18", some sort of lip spoiler either from Ravspec or RBS, and Lamin-x tail light covers. If you do all that it would probably be about $2000 worth of upgrades depending on what kind of wheel and tire combo you get. but it will make your car look all that much better and handle all that much better, and if Rallitek's parts for the 2.5i are really that special, you car will be ready to upgrade power wise, but from another 2.5i owner, just enjoy your good looking car!

i was going to put a air intake on and do visuals from tinted windows, black rims painted with red line. also smoked out head lights. im planning on either upgrading to the gt in 3 years.

if i could reccomend some good, efficient mods for you, it would be there. Rallitek 22m & 19mm Front and Rear sway bar kit, Rallitek Endlinks, Cusco Front strut tower bar, Pink JDM STI springs, LGT brakes with Hawk HPS pads, Bosch Icon wipers, and your choice of Tires and Wheels, i'd go with 18", some sort of lip spoiler either from Ravspec or RBS, and Lamin-x tail light covers. If you do all that it would probably be about $2000 worth of upgrades depending on what kind of wheel and tire combo you get. but it will make your car look all that much better and handle all that much better, and if Rallitek's parts for the 2.5i are really that special, you car will be ready to upgrade power wise, but from another 2.5i owner, just enjoy your good looking car!

Do you have pictures of yours?

Glad i read this....

Just turned 10k miles on the wifes 09 2.5i. I went to the store to pick up oil for an oil change and the store didnt have an air filter for her car. I figured, eh no biggie- maybe we'll order an intake or something for it with a reusable filter..

But from what i gather, an intake kit is basically a waste of money on these cars huh? (makes sense, the natually aspirated 2.5L can't be pulling that much CFM :lol:) Maybe ill just get a good reusable drop-in filter and be done with it....

There are a few engine mods that can help, but as members have said before, if you're looking for power, you picked the wrong car.

That having been said, look into:

lightweight crank pulley (Perrin/Cobb/GTSpec makes them)

Intake (there has been lots of discussion about aftermarket intakes, look in the N/A section), primarily it seems the concern is something with the MAF sensor that gets screwed up from an aftermarket intake... solutions include a hybrid intake pipe with stock airbox.

Group A makes some stuff... spacers and stuff that are debatable whether they improve anything.

Suspension is definitely the way to go with our cars.

Sway bars, springs.

Also don't forget lighting (HID's?).

From what I hear, tower bars are useless... there is some discussion in other threads about those as well.

Archived