LegacyGT.com

New 09 legacy 2.5i

I think the tower bar on the bar is useless but for the front it would work out fine, I would not do any mods but the Hybird intake on the car with a drop in. i had a modded stage 2 STI and loved it but I love the non-turbo leggy and I am fine with no turbo.

Strut bar is more so there for the bling factor, as for intake just do a silencer delete, K&N panel filter and new resonator tubing and you'll get the sound you want of a CAI

I just got an AVO panel filter and will probably do suspension upgrades later this summer. I am probably going to go with the Rallitek front/rear sway bar kit first...it's nice that Rallitek/ipd is only a 10 minute drive from my house:icon_chee

I just got an AVO panel filter and will probably do suspension upgrades later this summer. I am probably going to go with the Rallitek front/rear sway bar kit first...it's nice that Rallitek/ipd is only a 10 minute drive from my house:icon_chee

:orly: let them upload your ROM while youre there!!

so why do people think the front strut bar is not worth it? I thought since the struts were mounted were they were it would take care of some things that might twist and other things. I could be wrong, but all the cars I have had them on it has felt better. Now the rear would be dumb to do since i thought they were mounted to the frame or something.

huh, so if I put unleaded in mine, then it would run slower AND more fuel efficient!:p

I just bought legacy2.5I. I like it a lot. I was wondering if I put premium gas whether my car will run better(faster)?
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

so why do people think the front strut bar is not worth it? I thought since the struts were mounted were they were it would take care of some things that might twist and other things. I could be wrong, but all the cars I have had them on it has felt better. Now the rear would be dumb to do since i thought they were mounted to the frame or something.

As far as mounting to the front, it makes total sense. I know a person at my job who has a 2008 Honda Civic SI 4-door sedan that has a front strut bar. He said ever since he added it to his car, it felt more stable and predictable. He removed his rear since he said it did not improve a single thing. But it did add to his NVH oddly enough.

Regardless, mounting strut bars in the rear never made much sense to me since the struts are mounted to the frame! If people wanted to get rid of chassis flex in the rear (why they have it in the rear to begin with is beyond me) you can get those rear braces which work much better in my opinion.

Yeah this is the same thing I was reading about also. the front struts are mounted to the body if I was looking right last night. I am still going to get one for the legacy and I will post on it. Those sub frame braces would be very nice for the car.

Yeah this is the same thing I was reading about also. the front struts are mounted to the body if I was looking right last night. I am still going to get one for the legacy and I will post on it. Those sub frame braces would be very nice for the car.

I think I remember reading somewhere that the Cusco front subframe braces for the GT don't fit the 2.5i because of our exhaust...

I think I remember reading somewhere that the Cusco front subframe braces for the GT don't fit the 2.5i because of our exhaust...

i do believe you are correct sir......see our long and lengthy header wishes in the N/A forums. susp, exterior, wheels, tires, polish and enjoy the corners. straightaways arent our on our books! (thus far)

Archived