LegacyGT.com

Electric supercharger?

It's not a Rotor and a Turbine. It's a motor mounted in the middle of a pipe with a cheap ass crap 'fan' attached to the end. This fan had all the engineering of cut a circle, make some slits, and bend.

The damn thing sounds like it's going to vibrate itself apart into little pieces. Little pieces that your engine will suck up and die on.

I'm also positive that a single simple fan blade like that cannot build much more than a few inHg let alone 1 psi. 5psi my left tit.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ever wired cheap no-name appliances before?, faulty/cheap wiring that then causes other elecrical issues in your house? same concept. like I said before if "universal" I wouldnt trust it. I mean if you wanna go ahead and buy it, dont get upset if its busts and ppl flame you for it

:icon_roll

oh good god that video proved that to be an electical nightmare, hooking it up to the "butterfly" as he puts it is not safe at all. Saffarco, please buy this, and then post again when you try to bring it back to the dealership because your engine because of plastic and metal fragments in the block, and they wont do anything for you.

saffarco, I hope you're joking. You need to return to the books and learning how subaru ecu's, maf sensors, air/fuel ratios, and detonation work. You are really clueless.

:lol:

OK, tell us what would cause the maf sensor to read wrong air data if this junk was istalled in its designated place? and tell us what would cause detonation if 5 psi pressure was just behaind the throttle?

I'm assuming that you don't think that air would go fast enough causing the maf sensor to malfunction! and I'm assuming that you know that H6 stock engines can be turbo charged!

:lol:

OK, tell us what would cause the maf sensor to read wrong air data if this junk was istalled in its designated place? and tell us what would cause detonation if 5 psi pressure was just behaind the throttle?

I'm assuming that you don't think that air would go fast enough causing the maf sensor to malfunction! and I'm assuming that you know that H6 stock engines can be turbo charged!

N/A owners have had issues even with aftermarket CAI's and the MAF sensors from legit companies. Yes there are turbo h6's...in JAPAN where they have a h6 motor with a much lower compression ratio which allows the turbo to work more efficiently. Its apparent you have never worked on cars or anything electrical in your life. Look at that video which is made by that company for 1 the guy doing the tutorial in the video sounds like one of those annoying europeans at the mall who try to sell your hand lotion with how he is explaining things and 2 they're installing that on a 1994 Jeep Cherokee, enough said.

You have a lot of learning to do. Maf sensors read air flow and report to the ecu in voltage. The ecu bases engine fuel use through injector latency by reading the maf voltages. The maf voltage range is mapped in the ecu table to correlate a certain air flow (in g/sec) to a particular voltage. Much like adding an intake to a subaru without an open source tune- the maf and ecu expects what is mapped in the ecu table, you allow more air to go through the sensor the ecu doesnt know what to do with. It can max the maf scale out and you dont have fuel to accomodate the added air since the ecu tables have not been calibrated for this increased airflow. This equals lean conditions in the air/fuel mixture causing valve damage, high egt's, detonation and knocking. Even at 1.5psi.

When we add an air intake to a subaru its highly recommended to properly scale the maf to the increased airflow, if you dont, you can easily throw a p0151 lean condition code- and thats not even forced air, just increasing velocity.

Now add a rediculously designed fan blade like on that piece of shit. Poor fin design = turbulence and turbulence is not optimal for air flow into the intake manifold.

And people who turbo h6's are fine, because they are open source tuned for the added air/boost. They have mapping for the increased air therefore fuel is increased to accommodate that air. In this case optimal power is made since the air/fuel mixture is safe (10-11.7 at wot) and efficient. Without this fuel tuning, your left with mostly air mixture and little fuel = bad as previously mentioned. Get it?

You have a lot of learning to do. Maf sensors read air flow and report to the ecu in voltage. The ecu bases engine fuel use through injector latency by reading the maf voltages. The maf voltage range is mapped in the ecu table to correlate a certain air flow (in g/sec) to a particular voltage. Much like adding an intake to a subaru without an open source tune- the maf and ecu expects what is mapped in the ecu table, you allow more air to go through the sensor the ecu doesnt know what to do with. It can max the maf scale out and you dont have fuel to accomodate the added air since the ecu tables have not been calibrated for this increased airflow. This equals lean conditions in the air/fuel mixture causing valve damage, high egt's, detonation and knocking. Even at 1.5psi.

When we add an air intake to a subaru its highly recommended to properly scale the maf to the increased airflow, if you dont, you can easily throw a p0151 lean condition code- and thats not even forced air, just increasing velocity.

Now add a rediculously designed fan blade like on that piece of shit. Poor fin design = turbulence and turbulence is not optimal for air flow into the intake manifold.

And people who turbo h6's are fine, because they are open source tuned for the added air/boost. They have mapping for the increased air therefore fuel is increased to accommodate that air. In this case optimal power is made since the air/fuel mixture is safe (10-11.7 at wot) and efficient. Without this fuel tuning, your left with mostly air mixture and little fuel = bad as previously mentioned. Get it?

Thanks dear, that's why I have planned (before thinking ever of this) to open source tune my 09 H6 knowing that each bit you add should have some more effect if tuned properly.

Those who think that this crap can add something got to know how to install it and operate it with no side issues rather than being empty handed! I'm still saying it's a junk believe me! it has the theory but not the trusted application so don't get me wrong... Thanks & Good luck

This is a baller idea. Post pics.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Better yet, make a dual setup with a Y.

Quad e-supercharged Legacy 2.5i.

AWD? Check.

Quad Forced-Induction? Check

Poor mans Veyron? Check!

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I'm obviously only making fun of the 2.5i guys. You have an H6, so it's different. Definitely post pics, and if you can some dyno numbers. I'd love to see a 10-20% hp/tq increase for $150-$250. That'd be baller.

^ I was just about to say that.

cept it's not a eSC to spool the turbo... the turbo itself is electrically assisted. The turbo shaft is part of the electric motor. It will also act a generator when the turbos can take power from the engine.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Archived