LegacyGT.com

Electric supercharger?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^ I was just about to say that.

cept it's not a eSC to spool the turbo... the turbo itself is electrically assisted. The turbo shaft is part of the electric motor. It will also act a generator when the turbos can take power from the engine.

that makes more sense. so they hooked a dremmel motor up to the turbo shaft. all they would need to is to keep it at 40000+ rpm. its a mechanical anti-lag.

I thought we deduced that the electrical SC wasn't a viable option or one to be taken seriously??? :confused: If you want boost your engine there are better, proven methods.

YAY this is very true.. .

plain and simple it takes 30+hp to build any serious boost on any serious engine... you'd need a hybrid- like electrical system to handle that much power draw off your battery (bank).

and i don't think the bimmer motor builds boost under electric power... it just keeps the shaft speed up so spool time is minimal iirc.

the regeneration part is brilliant though..cruising under part throttle your turbos are still making power! just not the kind you typically think of.

Yes, but since this forum has an infinite influx of idiot n00bs who own 2.5i's, we are going to continue to have these threads. :spin::spin::spin:

This particular guy has a h6 :lol: Some of us work to clean up the stereotypes around these parts such as: CAIs, Engine swaps for cheap, Turbo cross members and my favorite LGT hood swaps allowing water into the engine bay.

This particular guy has a h6 :lol: Some of us work to clean up the stereotypes around these parts such as: CAIs, Engine swaps for cheap, Turbo cross members and my favorite LGT hood swaps allowing water into the engine bay.

we surprisingly dont get water in the engine bay, and by we I mean lgt'ers with fmic's

you know its an uphill battle. you are destined to fail. there is a sea of n00bs out there who are about to get these cars second hand. just you wait.

you know its an uphill battle. you are destined to fail. there is a sea of n00bs out there who are about to get these cars second hand. just you wait.

I'll go out on a limb here and say the 2nd and 3rd or even 4th owners of Legacy 2.5i's aren't in the 120mm "racing" muffler category ;)

Now the Impreza guys.............:p

I'll go out on a limb here and say the 2nd and 3rd or even 4th owners of Legacy 2.5i's aren't in the 120mm "racing" muffler category ;)

yes they are. if they will do it a camry, they will do it to a 2.5i legacy. you'll see it when there are threads for gt hood swaps to install hood scoop intakes. oh wait there is already a thread like that.

Coffee can muffler, I can see an issue with that....but what's the big deal in putting a Baja hood on a 3rd gen with the Gravelsports box? No different than someone using a CAI.

Also if you want to talk bad taste in exhaust, I know STi guys that run either open pipe out the side, or unbolt the axle back. So it's not just 2.5i's :lol:

and AFAIK "Hogzhaust" was on a GT first and not a 2.5i.....

How could it not work when there is a security code on the package. Obviously if its the only supercharger with a security code on the package, then logic would dictate that it is a safe and secure decision to install one.....duh

/thread

Im considering switching to single can exhaust and tossing one of these in the space of my old muffler. I could plumb it to the front of the car though the cabin but I am concerned that it will be complicated to convert it from air-cool to sump.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngRdKSh99YU]Leaf Blower Turbocharged Ford Ranger (HUGE Power) - YouTube[/ame]

...also the extension cord would be a problem...

Archived