LegacyGT.com

Discovered Group N LCA Bushing for Legacy

ifbiker

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We used a machinist's vice to start the bushing into the LCA. Our press at work has a floating head which made it impossible to start pressing the bushing squarely into the LCA. You also need to be sure you have the right size pusher and receiver tools. Subaru makes them, we used sockets which happened to be the right diameter. The first bushing we did the socket was size for size with the bushing, we pushed the bushing about 1/8 of an inch out before checking to see if the socket would pull out. It would not and we spent another hour trying to pushing the socket out.

The other thing you could do is remove the LCAs and take it to a local machine shop and have them press the bushings out.

• 4 weeks later...

I got the bushings from Rallispec. I spoke to them and the story is these bushings were originally in the STI Group N catalog but then were quickly replaced with the spherical bearing ones. However if you know the part # (Rallispec does) they can still be ordered. Interestingly they come in bulk OEM packaging, no STI logo, no part number, etc.

Bit of :iam: here.

Just to keep this up front for everyone.

The "rear" bushing is Rallispec part number RST-2027R and is in fact a Subaru Group N item.

The "front" one that ifbiker used is an '08 WRX STi/'09 WRX item and it's part number is what exactly?

I see unclmat gave us a part # above but I think that's for the "rear" WRX/STi bushing that is a slightly softer version of the Group N one I listed above.

Just trying to get crystal clear on all this so I don't end up ordering the wrong stuff. ;)

Cheers!

I have the paperwork at work and I'll post the part number in the morning. The service manual recommends replacing the lock nut that secures the rear of the LCA. If you are going to buy the 08/09 STi bushing I would order 2 nuts as well.

"Front" Bushing Part Number 20204AG040

Self Locking Nut Part Number 902350023

If you are feeling frisky and want to try an experiment buy the 08/09 "Rear Bushing" spacer, it can't be any more than a few bucks a piece and pick up up the off set mounting plate. I believe this is a factory ALK. Other ALK kits that I have seen push the rear of the lower control arm down. I don't know the geometry behind this but its supposed to reduce pitch under acceleration. If the parts don't fit you can always take them back to the dealer.

Sorry, no offense. Factory being supplied by Subaru on the WRX and not being avalable in the aftermarket by Whiteline or AVO. Does it seem plausible that the reason for the spacer on the WRX is for anti lift or do you think I'm way off base? I can't really see any other reason for it as it seems the chasis and LCA mounting points are dimensionally similar.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r175/Dark-V/FrontLCA.jpg

What I meant to do in the other post.

#3 is part number RST-2027R from Rallispec. This is the "rear" LCA bushing that, for many of us, is torn and you can look into your wheel well behind your front wheel and see it. This part is a Group N replacement and is MUCH harder than what came stock.

#2 is part number 20204AG040 from any Subaru parts department is the "front" LCA bushing. Just to be clear this is actually a WRX/STi part so you're prepared for them to give you grief when they know you drive a Legacy. ;)

Cheers!

Nice picture. Fortunately the parts guy at Dunning expects this kind of behavior and just orders it. The STi bushing is solid compared to the LGT and is worth replacing once you spent the time removing the arm. You will need a press with a lot of room so that you can position the bushing under the press. We have a fairly large press at work so it wasn't to bad to do.

• 1 month later...

Reviving this thread with a call for help.

I have a suspension install scheduled for this Sunday and after repeated attempts to reach Dave at Rallispec I finally did today, only to be told they won't have any more of the rear LCA Group N bushings in stock for another 2 weeks.

Now for the begging. If anybody bought a set of these and have not yet installed them would you be willing to sell them to me? PLEASE!!

Thanks!

I've been waiting for mine since August.

Damn. Guess that means it doesn't matter that in the last month or so an email and two phone messages have gone un-returned by them.

Oh well, guess I'll have to get some AVO's then.

Cheers!

Damn. Guess that means it doesn't matter that in the last month or so an email and two phone messages have gone un-returned by them.

Oh well, guess I'll have to get some AVO's then.

Cheers!

He never made me any timeframe promises, and I expected it to take a while. He likely waited until several people ordered to lower his costs. It's possible he's only just now ordering them, so anyone interested should contact him (sales@rallispec.com).

Dave (@ RalliSpec) or Jodi will get back to you...they always have with me, for sales or just tech questions.

I swapped out the OEM specB LCA bushings I had for AVO versions. Not looking back, that's for sure.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

Dave (@ RalliSpec) or Jodi will get back to you...they always have with me, for sales or just tech questions.

I swapped out the OEM specB LCA bushings I had for AVO versions. Not looking back, that's for sure.

Thanks. I'm probably going to go with the AVO's. Now, increased caster or not? ;)

Some have not liked the AVO's due in decrease in ride quality but many of us are pretty happy with them. The trade off has been well worth it. They also have appeared to become more compliant with time ( or maybe I just got used a bit stiffer ride)