LegacyGT.com

GM to pull the plug on Pontiac

There are already people getting damn near 30mpg freeway with the g8 gt. Some of the slightly used 08s are already going for 23k around here

I've heard this before from other cars. Some guy was trying to convince me he's pushing 35mph with a V6 Altima on the freeway. Come to find out he does so driving no faster than ~60mph. Who the hell drives 60 on the freeway anymore :lol: So we gotta keep in mind the speed as well, I'm sure I can get closer to 30 if I were to drive closer to 60, but with the speed limit here being 70, I simply cruise at 78mph worry-free which lands the tach at almost exactly 3K RPM. So bye bye optimal fuel economy.

Talk to me about gas being expensive when it hits over 4 bucks a gallon. Europe has desensitized me forever. Until that point, I could not possibly care less. Of course, lest we speak of Hummer-like fuel economy of a stellar 9mpg, lol.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've heard this before from other cars. Some guy was trying to convince me he's pushing 35mph with a V6 Altima on the freeway. Come to find out he does so driving no faster than ~60mph. Who the hell drives 60 on the freeway anymore :lol: So we gotta keep in mind the speed as well, I'm sure I can get closer to 30 if I were to drive closer to 60, but with the speed limit here being 70, I simply cruise at 78mph worry-free which lands the tach at almost exactly 3K RPM. So bye bye optimal fuel economy.

Yes but subie gearing is worlds away from GM. My T/A 6 speed was at 2100rpms at 90mph in 6th. At 60mph it didnt even really wanna be in 6th floating right around the 1400rpms mark. When it was modded with 4.10s and 430whp i got almost 24mpg freeway still.

Now i know the g8 gt is auto but it is a 6 speed auto, the manual will still get lightly better mpg but nothing like my 6 speed manual got over the 4 speed autos back then.

Archived