LegacyGT.com

Carbon fiber: How much is too much

JonLGT

Just had an idea... I am going to redo my star emblems on the front and back, clear them, and put a carbon fiber skin behind it... what do you guys think?

How would u clear them i was trying that last night with some paint thinner didn't work out to well the paint came off but messed up the finish let me know how it goes?

How would u clear them i was trying that last night with some paint thinner didn't work out to well the paint came off but messed up the finish let me know how it goes?

I cleared them already; You just have to sand the back, and it clears it and leaves the stars silver.

In for pics. Trunk area could look cool :) I think subtle accents of CF around the car but nothing too much.

I was thinking I would eventually Do this one my 05 BMS: CF Grille, Hoodscoop/Lipextender, s402 style wing, and very subtle diffuser. Pretty clean IMO.

if you do one layer over a light surface itll show threw the cracks but if you do another one it wont. for a badge tho you can just lay the cf in and paint the back of it black and youll be fine.

Ahhh ok. That's exactly what I'll do then. Hopefully the CF will come in soon and I can see what I have to work with.

IMNSHO any carbon fiber is too much.

Recently I ran over a tire on the interstate and pretty much destroyed my STI V-limited lip for my JDM spec b bumper. Instead of going the cheap or easy route with repairing this, I decided to try my hand at some carbon fiber work. Fast forward a few days and my lip is turning out nicely and I now have more confidence in taking on other exterior pieces. My question is, how much carbon fiber is a tastefull amount? Obviously my Lip will be CF, but I was also thinking about wrapping other parts that I have seen offered before in CF. My main interests are the mirror scalps, B pillar cover, and possibly even a rear window spoiler, or diffuser.

Do you guys think this is too much? Im not looking to add mass amounts of carbon fiber but more like a few touches. Also Does anybody know how to get the faux wood plates off the doors? I want to get rid of the wood.

IMNSHO any carbon fiber is too much.

Well then you are posting in the wrong thread my friend. It's like posting in a thread about fat chicks when you hate fat chicks. Why would you even click on a thread about fat chicks?

The lip came out pretty good, after seeing it in the daylight I see more places that need to be sanded some. Pics soon.

Where did you get the lip from? RBS?

Haha so speaking of lips (sorry off topic) I read this thread where this guy went to home depot, bought garage door sealer (the rubber strip thing) and screwed it into his bumper. And honestly, it actually looks pretty good for how damn cheap it was (like $15).

I'm actually a little tempted to do it... but with 3M mounting tape instead of screws. I don't want a buncha screw holes in my bumper...

Thoughts?

http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/ee338/Subaruowner7/Lip2.jpg

http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/ee338/Subaruowner7/Lip3.jpg

http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/ee338/Subaruowner7/SubieAvt2.jpg

Archived