LegacyGT.com

08 sti Brembo on 05LGT?

patriki

I think it would be worth a try. The bolt spacing on the 08 rear caliper is the same as the LGT and most other subarus. I haven't confirmed that the offset and radial distance is the same but I wouldn't doubt it. You would need DBA 2657 rotors.

Yeah I know about the hub size. I was more concerned about rotor size. If the 08+STi increased overall rotor size, then the caliper bolts up further away from the hub, and thus using an 04 sti application rotor would not work as the pads would not touch it fully.. hopefully I'm not losing you guys here haha.

Also the offsets and such are a good question as well, of course.

The front calipers from a 2008+ STi will work, the rears will not. Not even with the adapter brackets that are available. The rear caliper mounting bolts on the 08+ Impreza's and '09+ Forester are completely different than previous models.

The front calipers from a 2008+ STi will work, the rears will not. Not even with the adapter brackets that are available. The rear caliper mounting bolts on the 08+ Impreza's and '09+ Forester are completely different than previous models.

good to know.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Except... it's not. I lined up an 08 sti rear caliper with a legacy rear bracket I have, and the bolt spacing is the same.

http://www.fastwrx.com/wrxstibrbrfo.html

I am thinking of upgrading my brakes to Brembo. I am not too fond of what is currently on the car. It feels too vague.

I hope this link helps. I am going to visit this shop, Mach V, on Friday and get some more details about this set. I will then bring it to this thread and see what other think.

Say hi to Dan for me when you're there.

Except... it's not. I lined up an 08 sti rear caliper with a legacy rear bracket I have, and the bolt spacing is the same.

That is great new!! So is it possible to use with the Legacy rotor then too? Or would the rotor need to be upgraded as well?

You wouldn't happen to have a pic of this, would you?

I find that hard to believe, I bought a set of used 2008 Brembo's (black marked STI) for my wife's Forester...the rears did not fit. Ended up selling them and buying a set off a 2007 STI Limited...which did fit.

http://www.thel7.com/Wills/2.5XT/SM/Side.jpg

But I'm asking about the Legacy fitment.. :icon_conf

Yes, I know. The 2005 - 2009 Legacy uses the same fitment as the 2004-2007 STi....which just so happens to be the same fitment as every Forester and Impreza built before 2008.

I find that hard to believe, I bought a set of used 2008 Brembo's (black marked STI) for my wife's Forester...the rears did not fit. Ended up selling them and buying a set off a 2007 STI Limited...which did fit.

Well, like I said, the holes matched up, but I didn't actually try bolting them onto anything. When I have time and the opportunity I'll borrow an 08 caliper from somewhere.

http://www.fastwrx.com/wrxstibrbrfo.html

I am thinking of upgrading my brakes to Brembo. I am not too fond of what is currently on the car. It feels too vague.

I hope this link helps. I am going to visit this shop, Mach V, on Friday and get some more details about this set. I will then bring it to this thread and see what other think.

Hey guys, the brembo brakes in the link I posted here in this post will work on the Legacy no problem. I visited this store in person today and met very great and wonderful staff there. They know their stuff VERY well. I am definitely going to be a customer for life there.

Hope this helps!

Hey guys, the brembo brakes in the link I posted here in this post will work on the Legacy no problem. I visited this store in person today and met very great and wonderful staff there. They know their stuff VERY well. I am definitely going to be a customer for life there.

Hope this helps!

I don't believe those are from an '08 STi. And it comes with 'mounting hardware', so most likely has an adapter to allow the rear caliper to work.

The ones that HarryN posted are from 04-07 STi. The Brembo set up I may be picking up is from an 09 STi specifically.

FIY: I had a change to look at the 07 STi rear caliper and the 09 STi rear caliper, and the whole thing is changed in shape and size. I would not be surprised if the mounting locations have changed too. Sadly I did not get a chance to look if the holes match up. Hopefully in the next few weeks/days I will.

I don't believe those are from an '08 STi. And it comes with 'mounting hardware', so most likely has an adapter to allow the rear caliper to work.

That is correct. I am looking at this kit in the very nigh future for my car. I am not too happy with the way the brakes are now, coming from an 07 STI and a 07 BMW 328i. The brakes on this car feel too soft and "gummy" for my tastes.

But if Brembo is coming out with a kit specifically for the '09 Legacy, should I wait?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived