LegacyGT.com

Bone stock LGT at track day?

Do it.

Especially with the manual transmission, you're car should be able to take the "abuse".

There does not seem to be a consistant correlation of malfunctions with abuse anyway. Some have babied thier cars and still had failures. Some have beat on them without issue. Have fun and good luck with your runs.

I have run mine 30 times down the track.

One night I ran 5 times in 20 minutes (hot-lapping) with each run at 3000K torque brake launch..........2years ago and no issues. I have no tranny cooler!

BTW- I do not recommend anyone do that to thier auto tranny!!!

I should be down there. If you're that worried about it, I'll drive your car :D. I'm not running my car simply because I don't feel like burning all of that gas to find out my car is slow.

• 3 weeks later...
Mags get very high 13s or 14 flat...in the real world at sea level by people who don't have a lease...I would say 14.2-15.0 (autos being more towards the 15 end and in reality it is up to driver skill/luck). When it comes to passing power you can't beat the autos quickness though :)

Got ya, or as AP would call it, launch control.

I've never been able to have it work perfectly, I can get better launches by finding the right RPM and slipping the clutch a little then quickly letting it go (not dropping it), but even that is difficult to do repeatedly...

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/practice_649687.htm

There's a buddy Danny from Spec clutches in his civic about 2:10 seconds into the video you'll see him touch something on the dashboard, to engage the 2 step. Then watch his right hand as he pulls up the e-brake to hold the car while he slips the clutch.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I didn't end up going that weekend, but I'm gonna go this month. I just went Cobb stage 1 and got new wheels and the car feels WAY better. Next pay check I'm probably ordering a dp and then hopefully I'll be able to make some times I'll be proud of. I love these cars.

Archived