LegacyGT.com

New Summers, Possibly

praedet

I might be going w/ a new summer set-up and I am trying to pick out tires.

My previous set was a set of Goodyear F1 GS-D3 245/40-17s. They weren't bad, but they were louder than I expected.

I have a set of R-compounds for track duty, so I can afford to have a less agressive tire for the street that offers a little less road noise and a little better wear. I also plan on going to a 225 instead of the 245 because I would like a little better mileage and I will be carrying a LOT of weight cross-country this summer and want to make sure I don't rub.

So, the two tires that appear to sit weel for these charachteristics are the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 and the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric.

Any experience out there on wither one of these tires? Any other suggestions based on what I am looking for?

:spin:

After using the F1's (old style) at the track in heavy rain, I plan on using that line-up of tire for my summer performance needs indefinitely. Tremendous in the wet, which is where I think many performance tires differ the most.

I also prefer the 225's to avoid any potential rubbing issues when fully loaded for long trips.

I just switched from Kumho MX, which were LOUD, to Nitto 555 Extremes. The grip is still very good and they are very quiet. I can actually hear myself think and it seems like my Greddy SP2 drones much less than it did. I can set my radio at level 2 and still hear music.

Archived