LegacyGT.com

18x8 P1's...tires??

05gtlimited300

Im thinkin about jumping on a set of Rota P1. 18x8 offset 48. gunmetal/gunmetalic. Just curious about tires sizes when it comes to rubbing and what not. I was thinkin of going with 235/40/18. Im lowered on pinks.

Anyone have experience with P1's or any better knowledge then me. (i searched and came up with a 1000 FS threads)

I have 245/35/18's on my rotas, with Prova springs. No rubbing, and the tire is the closest to OEM so no speedo error.

What's your offset?

I think the P1's and PFF7's are both 51 or 52 ET

I just bought a set of Rota P1's with some used 235/40/18's Im mounting them up tomorrow to see if there will be any issue's. Im on Ion springs, bilstein struts. I already mounted one front the other day and it was very flush. Just waiting for my lugs to arrive so I can do a actual test drive. Im quite sure they will work. If anything I'll just roll the fenders.

Mounted them up today without rolling the fenders. The only thing I did was remove the rubber strips on the rear (which I dont even think was neccisary). I drive pretty aggressively on a regular and Vt. Route 100 has some pretty good dips and bumps on my way home at 65-70mph. No rubbing whatsoever. Granted these are worn tires. I still think with full tread it wont be a issue unless Im autocrossing or doing a track day.

I just put on a set of 225x40x18's tonight and they look great. However, I was driving home from the garage and noticed that when I hit a bump, it makes a noise when I hit a bump in the rear. From what I read this size tire fits without issues. Is there something that I need to that will resolve this issue. I have a 2007 2.5i.

Here is a pic of the wheels, sorry it's dark. I just did this tonight and only had my camera phone on me.

http://www.ryanlucas.net/images/0414091945.jpg

Dude what wheels are those... those are sick and i can only imagine what they look like powder coated gunmetal or black....

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

• 4 weeks later...

Archived