LegacyGT.com

My Subaru Dealer Charged $89.95 for an alignment

2006Specb122

OP - Did you ever cross-rotate your front tires?

FYI - My current tires on my Civic SI, Falken Ziex 912s in 215/45/17 (non directional tires), pulled to the right strongly right after installation. I had just gotten an alignment at the same time, so my fear was they screwed up the alignment (shop should've never delivered it to me with this pull after a tire installation and alignment).

Some recommended this, and I tried it: I just rotated the front tires to the other side of the vehicle.

Worked like a charm. 23,000 miles later, I've never rotated them back and I've never had a pulling problem.

Good luck!

Joe

Joe,

Thanks for the info.

I have not had a chance to rotate them over to the other side yet.

The pull is very subtle. Not even sure most people would even notice...but I notice every little thing. :)

At this point I'm not sure if I'll have time before my trip tomorrow.

I may just have them do it at the next tire rotation schedule and see what happens to the pull.

I just hope it isn't a wheel HUB or bearing issue.

Does my alignment specs look good?

See above picture

The shop I use always gets the toe to zero or maybe 0.01. I don't know offhand if the rear toe is what's causing your drift though. I kinda doubt it.

At any rate, you certainly didn't overpay....if its a good alignment. Are you having any strange wear issues on your tires?

I told you not to use GOOGLE... your tidbit was right off the google page 1 search results!!!!

But thanks for the added details...

Now everyone here knows the true meaning of Z28.

That wasn't from google ;) I am on a few LS1 sites btw.

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Firestone does lifetime alignments for $149 plus you can find a $10 off coupon online. They will do an alignment every 5000 miles as long as you have the car. I figure at $90 for you alignment, I get mine aligned twice and I am ahead. But I have found alignments for as low as $45 around here.

The shop I use always gets the toe to zero or maybe 0.01. I don't know offhand if the rear toe is what's causing your drift though. I kinda doubt it.

At any rate, you certainly didn't overpay....if its a good alignment. Are you having any strange wear issues on your tires?

No wear issues... in fact I can't visibly SEE any wear pattern or unusual mark.

I am one of the FEW people who actually rotate their tires OFTEN

Archived