LegacyGT.com

Legacy GT Wagon Track Setup

Paisan

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh it doesn't suprise me that the RB rotors cracked.

Has anyone found an OEM size rotor that doesn't crack on the track? The OEMs give enough warning that it isn't dangerious (if you look at your brake rotors every once in a while).

As far as I gather, even the insane priced ones crack eventually.

I haven't cracked any rotors yet.. done Blackhawk, RA, Milwaukee Mile, Shawano, Gingerman...

I make full use of the cool down lap and drive the car in the parking lot or on the road to let them cool before I park. Are you doing that?

Ran DBA 4000 and now Centric Premium/Cryo Stop

Has anyone found an OEM size rotor that doesn't crack on the track? The OEMs give enough warning that it isn't dangerious (if you look at your brake rotors every once in a while).

As far as I gather, even the insane priced ones crack eventually.

I have only cracked RB and rear DBA 4000s.

Centrics and stockers have never cracked on me so far.

-mike

• 3 weeks later...
Update on the car...

Just swapped out my stock springs/struts for Bilstiens and STi Pink Springs. Only had em on a few days but comparing them to Konis + STi Pinks the Konis were better.

-mike

:redface:

Whats the main difference you've noticed? I'm considering running a set of KW or AST in the spring to replace my Bilstein/pink combo

Biggest thing for me is that on road seams/frost heaves/drainage grates on the highway the bilstiens just can't dampen the Pinks well enough. On what most folks would consider normal roads they are fine but in the NY/NJ metro area they take a beating.

The adjustability of the Konis is also nice, I could soften them up for the city and tighten them for highway/track driving.

-mike

• 1 month later...

Well guys... with much regret, I must inform you that I have sold my LGT wagon. It was time to move on. I learned a great deal with that car in terms of what works and what doesn't. I hope you guys have learned as well from my mods. As always I'll be available to answer questions for anyone so don't hesitate to e-mail or pm us.

paisan@azpinstalls.com

-mike

Well, right now I'm driving my CTS-V with all-seasons in sub-20 degree weather. Not a lot of fun!

However... Tuesday night, I will be picking up my first brand new subaru (8th Subaru overall), 2011 DGM STi Hatch! 6 miles on the odo. :)

I will keep you guys updated on how it compares to the LGT Wagon. My guess is that dollar for dollar the LGT Wagon will be far better than the STi, especially when it comes to loading it up with gear. The hatch is pretty small in the back.

-mike

Mike, Did you ever post pics of your brake ducts? Thought I saw you mention you had ducts. Just curious. (I run XP12 pads (which do great) but still interested in reducing rotor temps a little...or at least experimenting.)

Thanks for all the posts. I've done similar mods and track my wagon a few times a year...it's fun to see people's surprise at a "wagon" doing decent on the track.

Archived