LegacyGT.com

Intake Silencer Question

Canuck 2.5GT

Anyone removed the Intake Silencer on there GT yet? I removed the one in my WRX, I had better turbo spool and I loved the sound. Also, has anyone had any warrenty issues regarding the intake silencer removal (Dealerships drop warrenty on you?). I really need to hear my turbo spool :) .

Yeah the widespread concensus on this mod is it sounds nice with zero performance gain. Lose the catted uppipe for faster spool.

or as Jedi put it in a thread

"It has no positive or negative effect. It just sounds mad hella cool yo!@":lol:

Ha, I didnt even see the DIY section before :p . Thanks guys. One last question though, When I removed the Silencer on my WRX the car didnt sound deeper but the turbo and BOV got much louder. Can you hear the turbo and bov on the legacy's a LOT more then usual or is it barely noticable?

Ha, I didnt even see the DIY section before :p . Thanks guys. One last question though, When I removed the Silencer on my WRX the car didnt sound deeper but the turbo and BOV got much louder. Can you hear the turbo and bov on the legacy's a LOT more then usual or is it barely noticable?

A LOT more. :D

yes... I was actually able to determine that I am driving a turbo car now without the dumb-ass noise silencer. People that think it sounds too loud should go buy a buick. :)

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

That ain't your grandfather's buick!

Add a better flowing panel filter without the silencer and she'll make even more noise for ya... You can hear the turbo and BOV without having to really listen.

Awesome. Yeah, I always found it frustraiting when I was driving my turbocharged WRX but you cant hear the turbo. Part of the fun of owning a Turbo car is hearing the turbo and stock BOV. Has anyones dealership told you it voids the warrenty? Because I dont want to take this thing off and then have somthing go wrong. I know it wont cause any problems but dealerships will try to find any excuse.

Nice. Might have to do this. I've had the boost itch for a couple years now (low income sux). I think now I owe it to myself to actually hear the turbo. I think I'll go with the panel filter too once I've breached 1k miles....since I'm gonna change the oil anyway.
It is the disposition of men to desire that which he cannot have, hence my un-quenchable wet desire for Shakira!

Archived