LegacyGT.com

Who makes the best LGT Coilovers Price not a concern

Scooby2.5

KW. Or how much were those AST 4100s someone made fit?

this guy knows.

SUP JAMAL. havent been out there in awhile. theres something bittersweet about being done with the car.

car for sale. PM me!

I have been running KW's for almost a year now and I really love them. They could be a little more comfy, but that is probably because I am too low and dampening is too high for the streets :). I may have them rebuilt to RCE standards at some point or swap them for some Bilstein PSS's.

I need drive/ride in a car equipped with them before purchasing though ;) Anybody?

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.vorshlag.com/product_info.php?cPath=66_100_201&products_id=275&osCsid=27fdbd968555f03954d0925bac335c07

Spec'd out with tender springs, camber plates and spring rates of your choice, the AST 4100s came out to be $2,976.25 without tax or shipping. I'll get in contact with Terry Fair at Vorshlag to see when the kits will be available. He said some time this week, but I'll just double check to be sure.

High quality bang for buck goes to the AST 4100s. These are comparable to Ohlins.

Here's a link to my install thread:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108499

what are the differences?

No one knows. Springs are pink, likely are bit stiffer and valving is probably more aggressive.

In Japan the PSS coilovers are sold as "BSS-KIT" but this is the preload adjustable only PSS variety (unlike PSS9). Bilstein also sells BTS-KIT, which contains regular dampers with matched springs.

I imported few sets of PSS and absolutely love them, they are way better than e.g. KWs, not even same class. However, as someone said there is "no best coilover". For track/autox I prefer Tein Flex with 8/9 kg springs over the Billies.

It really comes down to this; for the person who NEEDS the "best" coilover for a Legacy and "BEST" to me and 'BEST to you could mean and be 2 different things for sure. JRZ, MOTON, AST, and KW can make this.

If a person is just throwing money at the car then it doesnt really matter. Any of the standard offerings from H&R, Bilstein, KW and AST would suffice.

The whole "BEST"anything part threads crack me up !!

Myles

i agree, it's just funny that the term "best" is very opinionated and quite frankly, it's a loaded question. the original poster should be clearer of what they are looking for.. because what is "best" is really what they think is best for them..

however, if he was CURIOUS about which is the most expensive coilovers that are at the highest level of performance will automatically draw the attention to race suspension, and that is easy enough to see that names like JRZ, Motons and Ohlins come to mind.

Keefe

• 1 month later...
http://www.vorshlag.com/product_info.php?cPath=66_100_201&products_id=275&osCsid=27fdbd968555f03954d0925bac335c07

Spec'd out with tender springs, camber plates and spring rates of your choice, the AST 4100s came out to be $2,976.25 without tax or shipping. I'll get in contact with Terry Fair at Vorshlag to see when the kits will be available. He said some time this week, but I'll just double check to be sure.

Bump ... Did these kits ever make it to production? I've been looking for something like that for awhile.

• 1 month later...
There is always the RCE Tarmac 1 Coilovers. Lots of Legacy owners seem to enjoy these :grin:

I am the one who started this thread, and I would be leaning toward your coilovers.

Only problem is I need MEASUREMENTS. From the mounting bolt on the bottom to the top of the tophat.

I want to put these on an outback and I think the outback has built in spacers.

Because of these spacers I think it would let me get the height I want.

I actually want to have the car about 1-2 inches LOWER than a stock outback.

Here is a picture of an outback on legacy K-sports. This guy has had the car lowered down and also raised up.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2585907#post2585907

I would rather go with the tarmacs

I am the one who started this thread, and I would be leaning toward your coilovers.

Only problem is I need MEASUREMENTS. From the mounting bolt on the bottom to the top of the tophat.

I want to put these on an outback and I think the outback has built in spacers.

Because of these spacers I think it would let me get the height I want.

I actually want to have the car about 1-2 inches LOWER than a stock outback.

Here is a picture of an outback on legacy K-sports. This guy has had the car lowered down and also raised up.

I would rather go with the tarmacs

Ok, I have an idea. Call me and we can talk. I have a shock that is damaged that is my personal shock. I can send it to you and you can do some test fitting. I also have a rear too.

443-370-9000. cell.

Myles

greg I'm kind of currently in the same boat in wanting to possibly go the LGT suspension route on my Outback. I'm currently running MR's Outback coilovers and they've been doing right by me (crosses fingers and knock's on wood) but I'm wanting something that will give the car a little more fidelity and me a little more piece of mind.

The concern I have with the RCE’s coilovers is twofold.

1) They seem to be designed for Subaru tophats. While I know the OEM tophats offer insulation to the car (personally I prefer them) and they can probably be swapped out for camber adjustable tophats (RCE can most likely speak to this) as you very well know camber adjustment on our Outbacks is annoying to begin with and a downright PITA when you start dropping more than 1-1.5" below stock. I personally would rather have a single manufacture behind my entire coilover (unless I’m using OEM parts) then have two that blame each other if something goes wrong. Then again I don’t know enough about how the two cars’ suspension differs so maybe the bolt holes for the camber bolt are in a slightly different arrangement making this a moot point. On the other hand spring compressors still scare the crap out of me and I hate having to use them.

2) They are fixed height. Hopefully you'll throw the test fit one on and bam the height and everything will be just perfect but frankly I'm just not that optimistic. The ability to have separate height adjustability so you don’t have to use preload to get the ride height you want or just plain need seems a little more sensible to me is all.

Please let me know how the RaceComp's work out if you do get to fit test them. I’ll keep you posted if I make any discoveries.

The Ridiculousness is no more :( But you can have your very own piece of it. **The Ridiculous Part Out.** :D

I didnt realize they were a fixed height. I thought they were adjustable.

I guess I may be out then. I want a coilover that is height and ride adjustable.

I am currently on the MR outback coilovers and tomorrow I am putting on my THIRD set of front dampers :mad:

You get what you pay for... although at the time I was looking at Outback specific.

I guess I should have been more specific as others said.

I want a good adjustable street/once in a while race coilover.

I dont really want to spend over 1500-2000 bucks.

The megans were right at 1000 (I only paid 500 with only 1500 miles on them) but obviously they are not good enough for even daily driving as I have had nothing but trouble with the fronts.

They claim it is do to the inverted design but I dont believe it. I think the dampers are just junk.

So with that said anyone have any good recommends.

I just want a good 1500-2000 coilover that will last me without taking the dang things off every 6 months.

Ride quality is not too big of a concern, I like the handling you get in the curvies and I am 41:)

I've read good things about Ohlins and Bilstein too.

Check these baby's out...

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48174&highlight=ohlins

Cheers!

Maybe I need the measurements on these ;)

How about a big discount on a set of these babies :)

What would be the next best thing after these ohlins?

I really dont want to go over 2000.

Archived