LegacyGT.com

Best sway combination???

ineedone

I have been extremely happy with Cusco f+r for the last 3 years. Going to finally do coilovers in the next two weeks but the sways made a major improvement. what i like most about the cuscos is they made it super easy to rotate the car...lots of fun.

I have been extremely happy with Cusco f+r for the last 3 years. Going to finally do coilovers in the next two weeks but the sways made a major improvement. what i like most about the cuscos is they made it super easy to rotate the car...lots of fun.

The Cuscos only come in one size right?

My Perrins, rear 22 and frt 22mm. I wish I had gotten the 25mm frt, but I love them, exellent fit, adjustable and on sale at FredBeans!!!!! The rear comes with the stout mounts too.

Why did you want a 25mm FT bar? Did the car rotate too much? In my WRX all it needed was a 24mm rea bar and endlinks. Is the Leggy better suited to larger front bars?

Thats nice that the Perrin includes the reinforcement bracket. It's definitely needed when you go with a bigger rear bar. A lot of people will recommend (and I agree) to get a matched pair.

What do you mean by a matched set? Same size? Manufacturer?

bump for being curious about why GTuner wished he went with bigger front...I was going to go the route of 22 front 22 rear....

It still pushes thru turns unless I'm under hard accell. You can feel the front roll a bit and the rear stays flat. I didn't want to degrade ride quality any so I chanced the 22's.

Make a deal???, get the 25, if you don't like it I'll trade you my 22 + $25.00 bucks AND pay shipping.:)

It still pushes thru turns unless I'm under hard accell. You can feel the front roll a bit and the rear stays flat. I didn't want to degrade ride quality any so I chanced the 22's.

Make a deal???, get the 25, if you don't like it I'll trade you my 22 + $25.00 bucks AND pay shipping.:)

Once the wife lets me pull the trigger I am down for that idea/deal...seriously :)

I always thought that having more roll in the front will increase the grip and the rear staying flat would help it to start rotating earlier...I must have it all wrong.

Typically, a larger rear bar will reduce understeer and a larger front bar will increase understeer. For me, the key is making the car handle better (stay flatter than stock in the turns) and make the car slightly oversteer at the limit. I want to know what works best with the stock struts/springs. I believe the Perrin 22F/25R will be the ticket.

Once the wife lets me pull the trigger I am down for that idea/deal...seriously :)

I always thought that having more roll in the front will increase the grip and the rear staying flat would help it to start rotating earlier...I must have it all wrong.

That is correct. The rear will rotate earlier with more roll in front than in back.

I have had F and R Whiteline sways for 50k+ miles and I think they were great. They fit well and were a sinch to install. Plus they are adjustable so if you don't like one setting you can change it up. I have it on the loosest in the front and stiffest in the rear

There seems to be some conflicting information in this thread.

A lot of people go with a larger front sway bar than rear, and that seems to be the trend with most "kits" out there.

It looks like at least one person has put at larger RSB than front. I'm assuming this results in greater rotation - however one person mentioned that he believes that the front with 22mm causes the car to continue to push. From my understanding, the stiffer the rear in relation to the front, the greater the oversteer.

I'm assuming if I want a more neutral set up, going with the Perrin bars (because Fred Beans has a nice deal on them right now :) ) a 25mm front and 22mm rear will be the most neutral set up. A 22mm front and 25mm rear will tend to oversteer. 22mm front and 22mm rear seems to continue to push. But all this information is confusing me.

I'd like a neutral-to-oversteer "setup". What do you think will give me this?

For me, the key is making the car handle better (stay flatter than stock in the turns) and make the car slightly oversteer at the limit. I want to know what works best with the stock struts/springs. I believe the Perrin 22F/25R will be the ticket.

That's where I'm leaning right now.

Why no rear Pinks?

I wanted my front and rear to be level, not ass down like is typical with pinks. (This was done before the "saggy butt" shims were available and I didn't want to double up on spring perches.) The springs rates between JDM LGT and pinks are pretty similar, so I went w/ the JDM LGT springs in the rear to achieve a two-finger gap on both ends.

Go with the 25frt and 22rear. My 22's .....front on firm and rear on soft still pushes (understeers) unless I'm into the throttle hard, then it feels pretty neutral. Keep in mind I still am running stock springs and shocks.

To answer your question, I would have less understeer if I had gone with the 25 up frt.

The 22F on soft is 115% stiffer than stock, on firm it is 155% stiffer. The 25 is +225% on soft and +255% on firm over stock.

My wagon seems to work nicely enough for me...Pinks in the front, wagon SpecB in the rear, over GT-spec Bilsteins.

Front sway bar is stock (21mm) and rear sway bar is AVO20mm set on the softer setting.

Alignment, is zero toe all around and about -1 camber in the front and -1.5 or so in the rear.

It is very neutral and chuckable, but may need a little attention during aggressive turn in:). The back end will start to come around predictably in a typical freeway cloverleaf if you gas it.

Ride is not worse, just different. There is more side to side jiggling, but no increase in impact harshness.

Go with the 25frt and 22rear. My 22's .....front on firm and rear on soft still pushes (understeers) unless I'm into the throttle hard, then it feels pretty neutral. Keep in mind I still am running stock springs and shocks.

To answer your question, I would have less understeer if I had gone with the 25 up frt.

The 22F on soft is 115% stiffer than stock, on firm it is 155% stiffer. The 25 is +225% on soft and +255% on firm over stock.

You should be able to reduce a lot of your off-throttle understeer by moving the front bar to soft, and moving the rear bar to firm. Try that and let us know how it feels.

Archived