LegacyGT.com

Best sway combination???

ineedone

Go with the 25frt and 22rear. My 22's .....front on firm and rear on soft still pushes (understeers) unless I'm into the throttle hard, then it feels pretty neutral. Keep in mind I still am running stock springs and shocks.

To answer your question, I would have less understeer if I had gone with the 25 up frt.

The 22F on soft is 115% stiffer than stock, on firm it is 155% stiffer. The 25 is +225% on soft and +255% on firm over stock.

As it should because you have it setup that way. You need to put the front on soft and the rear on hard.

By upgrading to the 25mm front it would make your current situation IE. understeer worse.

Go with the 25frt and 22rear. My 22's .....front on firm and rear on soft still pushes (understeers) unless I'm into the throttle hard, then it feels pretty neutral. Keep in mind I still am running stock springs and shocks.

To answer your question, I would have less understeer if I had gone with the 25 up frt.

The 22F on soft is 115% stiffer than stock, on firm it is 155% stiffer. The 25 is +225% on soft and +255% on firm over stock.

A little confused now... I thought a larger bar in the rear would create oversteer (or decrease understeer)?

Anyway I just threw down for a 22 up front and a 25 in the back. I'm gonna give that a try first and see how it goes... looks like I will be coming to see you soon Paul :p

I wanted my front and rear to be level, not ass down like is typical with pinks. (This was done before the "saggy butt" shims were available and I didn't want to double up on spring perches.) The springs rates between JDM LGT and pinks are pretty similar, so I went w/ the JDM LGT springs in the rear to achieve a two-finger gap on both ends.

Cool, thanks. Did you use the SPEC-B Strut Tops?

My wagon seems to work nicely enough for me...Pinks in the front, wagon SpecB in the rear, over GT-spec Bilsteins.

Front sway bar is stock (21mm) and rear sway bar is AVO20mm set on the softer setting.

Alignment, is zero toe all around and about -1 camber in the front and -1.5 or so in the rear.

It is very neutral and chuckable, but may need a little attention during aggressive turn in:). The back end will start to come around predictably in a typical freeway cloverleaf if you gas it.

Ride is not worse, just different. There is more side to side jiggling, but no increase in impact harshness.

How is the ride height with the Spec B rear springs?

Sounds like a very nice setup. How's she handle? Any noticeable tradeoffs?

Handles great and rotates nicely w/ the 20 mm JDM RSB. There is some ride trade off largely due to the Bilstein HDs. They are quite a bit stiffer than the stock KYB struts. Overall though, the ride is still very reasonable, albeit noticeably firmer than stock.

Handles great and rotates nicely w/ the 20 mm JDM RSB. There is some ride trade off largely due to the Bilstein HDs. They are quite a bit stiffer than the stock KYB struts. Overall though, the ride is still very reasonable, albeit noticeably firmer than stock.

Some of that would have to do with the firmer springs too, but others have noted the HD's firm thing up a lot even with stock springs. They have an adjustable dampening rate, right? Thanks again for the quality feedback. This forum rocks!

Some of that would have to do with the firmer springs too, but others have noted the HD's firm thing up a lot even with stock springs. They have an adjustable dampening rate, right?

Not that I'm aware of. The Tokicos and Koni inserts are adjustable though.

Not that I'm aware of. The Tokicos and Koni inserts are adjustable though.

Ah, OK. Thanks. I thought I read that in one of the other threads but I may be mistaken. How would you rate the rotation enthusiasm? Pretty close to neutral with a constant throttle or a little rotation happy? How about some picks of that sexy dropped wagon with the black wheels!

Ah, OK. Thanks. I thought I read that in one of the other threads but I may be mistaken. How would you rate the rotation enthusiasm? Pretty close to neutral with a constant throttle or a little rotation happy? How about some picks of that sexy dropped wagon with the black wheels!

I would say it's pretty close to neutral, but open minded about rotation. :p

Here are some shots:

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v374/101/16/536748931/n536748931_1159186_1915.jpg

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v374/101/16/536748931/n536748931_1159185_968.jpg

Do the JDM rsb's fit on both 05 5eat sedans & wagons? any fitment issues? Forgive my ig'nance- I'm a parts n00b.

The 20 mm JDM RSB fits both sedans and wagons. It was designed to complement the stock 21 mm FSB. SOA decided that Americans and Canadians suck at driving, so we got the 16 mm RSB instead. :lol:

I also have the AVO RSB reinforcement brackets on mine. Belts and suspenders, baby! :p

Hello everyone. I am new here and was recommended to come to this site by a friend who is a long time Legacy GT fan. I just picked up a '09 Legacy GT Premium this weekend.

This thread caught my attention namely with the sway bar configuration. I used to race a while back and I learned that if you go with a stiffer rear end and softer front end, you will have oversteer or "loose". If you go with a stiffer front end and a softer rear end, you will have understeer or "pushing". It all depends on what end has the most traction and what end loses traction. Now I know there are other factors like shock rebound, spring rates, stiffness, etc. But I figure I try to stay on topic about sway bars.

If you feel the car is pushing under power, try stiffening your rear sway and softening your front one. Work in small increments so you don't accidently jump over your sweet spot. And keep track of the sizes you started off with as you work to your new setup, in case you need to start over.

I apologize if I am bursting out here, but I figure I put in my two cents. I don't know how this board is with new people speaking out, but I figure I take the first step here. :redface:

Hello everyone. I am new here and was recommended to come to this site by a friend who is a long time Legacy GT fan. I just picked up a '09 Legacy GT Premium this weekend.

I apologize if I am bursting out here, but I figure I put in my two cents. I don't know how this board is with new people speaking out, but I figure I take the first step here. :redface:

Welcome to the board!

Feel free to jump in anytime - you'll find we generally don't bite. Thanks for sharing.

Here's hoping you enjoy your stay!

• 2 months later...

Archived