LegacyGT.com

Sway bars

Sphinx002

I keep hearing about the squeaking. That would drive me nuts. Anyone got ideas on how to stop it. I'm not going to regrease after every storm.

Use better grease than the crap they give you....and use it liberally! :D

When we put in rclarks JDM rear sway w/new bushings, I refused to use the grease they supplied...too thin. Ask him if he's had any squeaks?

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Eek gad that cars looks 2 years old under there. Gotta love Mass winters. Looks like a pain to install, I'll be taking mine to a shop, hopefully they'll know what's best grease situation for up here. I love mods, but not longer like installing things. I'll pay others to do it.

Just need a waterproof grease containing molybidenium or white lithium and we should be good =) I just have to get to it, and though the stuff perrin gave me would do the job.....

And I know huh...I ONLY have 6k miles on her and it looks like that....tear......

Eek gad that cars looks 2 years old under there. Gotta love Mass winters. Looks like a pain to install, I'll be taking mine to a shop, hopefully they'll know what's best grease situation for up here. I love mods, but not longer like installing things. I'll pay others to do it.

Is there a list of reputable *shops* anywhere on the site for MA? I am in Cambridge and used to take the GTi to Vinnie's Auto Sport.....I am going to call them and see if they have experience with Subarus but would love to know if I have other options....

Tx

Well, I met this guy down in Framingham and he seemed to be OK. I don't know about the company, but I'm willing to give them a shot. Call it good vibes. Unless someone knows something I don't know about them....

Exceptional Motor Sports 508-872-9434

PLTek in NH is awesome......Peter is a great guy and I do all my ordering through him...they only do subaru's. Legacy is still a lil new to them.....they are a LITTLE shop though, get awesome response time.....all that good stuff. They are just a few guys with a lot of passion for subaru's.........

http://www.pltek.net/index.htm#

Don't really know of many others that are good with subies....but I'll keep my eye out

Well, I met this guy down in Framingham and he seemed to be OK. I don't know about the company, but I'm willing to give them a shot. Call it good vibes. Unless someone knows something I don't know about them....

Exceptional Motor Sports 508-872-9434

That's about 15 minutes from my parents house and where I grew up....can't believe I haven't heard or used them before for something :D I'll have to check them out

The install went well. No sqeaking yet. But I just did it yesterday. So we'll see.

Seems to handled better from what I've noticed so far. I need to take it on a few windy roads to thoroughly test it

Megan header,Perrin TMIC, TD06-20G,AEM CAI, Lachute DP, Avo BOV, BC Coilovers, Magnaflow catback, Hawk HPS pads, Stoptech lines, Snow WI

it's the bushings that create the sqeak from the bar sliding back and forth... for me, I could care less about the sqeak... you guys really dont want to know what upperball pillow mounts sounds like when going over bumps.

Keefe

Keefe

Drive a race car, you'll think the damn thing would fall apart on you at 150+mph on the straights.. talk about driving until the wheels fall off.

Some people have used teflon tape around the bushing area and then used some greaser on top of it to give it a tighter fit.

Keefe

Keefe

it's the bushings that create the sqeak from the bar sliding back and forth... for me, I could care less about the sqeak... you guys really dont want to know what upperball pillow mounts sounds like when going over bumps.

Keefe

True that! The pillowballs definately add a little audio to the soundtrack of bumps. It's really not that noticable with my Tein's, but you can tell it's not stock.

See, bless you all that race, but for me, all the racing I do is in my mind. Although I have to admit I was racing Keefe last night, and blew his doors off! Sorry I'm just better at getting to the apex Keefe. Isn't it nice having a great imagination? I get to keep my stock suspension but still have a rally car in my head. :-)

AJ

Just dont let your adrenaline and nightmares wake you up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat.. I stopped thinking of cars and everything about an hour before going to bed.. all those thoughts carry with me as I sleep and I would get some really bad dreams.. you just never know when reality comes into play when some dreams are so vivid.

Keefe

Keefe

it has to be water resistant and very cohedsive to the metal that it touches and not deteriorate the urethane at the same time.. no point on it being "thick".

Keefe

Mobil 1 synthetic grease can be used to pack bearings, on ball joints, and on universal joints......it's very cohesive to metal.

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

Got it! Thanks. I'll check it out this weekend as the rain looks (at least at this time) like it will hold off through the weekend and I'll finally get my RSB and tow hitch installed.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Mobil 1 synthetic grease can be used to pack bearings, on ball joints, and on universal joints......it's very cohesive to metal.

Lubed up my bars this weekend with the Mobil 1 Synthetic Great...Boxer you were right on the money...awesome stuff. All squeaks are gone.

A little words of wisdom to make the re-grease easier.....don't fully take the gold (for me) brackets off that are holding the bushings in. Loosen them a ton and slide out the bushing, then clean the bar, grease the hell out of the inside of the bushing and a lil on the bar and pop it back on and slide it back under. I took them off completly! It took me 15 minutes to get everthing off, lubed up, right side back on....it took me 1 hour to get the freak'n last bolt on and lined up. Maybe I'm an idiot.....but there is no need to take them off so y kill yourself and poss have the same problem....just a lil friendly suggestion :D

Mobil 1 Synthetic grease all the way (Thanx again boxer)....now it's time to see how long it lasts.....

Archived