LegacyGT.com

Stage II questions...

svgt

I just purchased an 05 gt with borla catback, perrin downpipe and intercooler, and cold air intake. Cruise didnt work so the dealer looked into it and said that there is a Stage II tune on the car and there has been some re-wiring and the only way to fix it was to re-flash and set everything to stock. What is a stage II tune consist of? I really dont care about the cruise control, but would like to be knowledgeable about the system for future trouble shooting etc. Any suggestions?

First off, get yourself properly tuned. Is cruise flashing? Go somewhere and get it protuned. Are there any cel's?

oh yeah and search is an awesome function to learn about everything you just wrote... for example..

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48123&highlight=stage+definitions which didn't require a search... since its a sticky.. in the turbo powertrain forum...

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

I bet you have the wrong rom on your ecu. Mine was like this when I bought it. See if you can set cruise in neutral... if it sets in neutral then unsets as soon as you are back in a gear, it's one sure way to know you simply have the wrong rom.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25

^^this is your "Regional" forum. Ask in there about tuners in your area.

Don't listen to the dealer. If you flash back to stock you could have severe issues especially with a cold air intake. I'd find a tuner ASAP and get it properly tuned. Hopefully, they will also give you some knowledge about how tunes work.

Would a Cobb help my situation? Would my prior knowledge of tuning motorcycles with my laptop with a Power Commander come in handy with the Cobb? I cant imagine that the theory behind the two can be that much different...?

Your best bet is to take it to a local tuner who is good with Subarus and pay for a pro-tune. The Cobb AP maps should not be used with a CAI as it messes up MAF scaling.

Your second option would be getting a VAG-COM cable, Romraider software and logging it yourself. You could post logs here and hopefully someone may be able to figure out what's going on. But, you take a risk as you continue to drive the car with what could be the wrong tune AND you would have to make the changes to your map to fix them.

Archived