LegacyGT.com

Meth Logs, car doesnt feel right

wsmith30132

Make sure your not leaking methanol anywhere. Most kits have a boost cut if your not getting the right amount of meth. My friend’s evo9 started leaking right at his flow sensor. Sometimes it would boost really low and then sometimes it would hit the normal 30pounds. Best of luck...

^^^^^ Ahhhhh good call. I check for leaks fairly oftten but I have the HFS-5 and it has failsafes. There is a calibration for high and low flow on the failsafe. Maybe those are off? But for a leak or wrong flow calibrations why would it hold boost starting low in the rpm range and not when you come off and on the trottle?

It has the DDS3 failsafe. I have a level switch and i know its not that. OK, what will your wastegate dutycycle show in logs if im running only on my WP pressure or actuator. That is what my failsafe deverts to in an alarm condition?

I have the Perrin unit that directly overrides the boost control solenoid (wired directly into the solenoid harness). Is your failsafe wired the same way?

If so I would imagine the ECU is still trying to achieve target boost in failsafe mode. Since it's unable to hit the boost target, I would expect the wastegate values to be either normal (if you normally undershoot your boost target), or higher than normal (if you normally achieve your boost targets). I would think the logged wastegate values would be the "ECU targeted values" and not what the wastegate actually saw - hopefully someone can confirm.

It would help if you log these items (and only these, unless some suggest otherwise):

Engine Speed

Engine load

Relative manifold pressure

Boost Target

Turbo Dynamics

Knock Sum

WGDC

Total Ignition timing

Throttle plate opening

Mass Airflow (g/sec)

Before you log check your IAM and if at 1 start your WOT log in 3rd gear 2000-redline.

I would do a few runs of the Stage 2 map and a few of the Meth Map.

I just posted 2 new logs this morning. I turned down my over/under failsafes all the way, didnt see any leaks, and my 2.5 gallon tank is full. still the same issues? The second log is on/off/on full throttle. When i do that it wount build boost. Thanks for all the input

• 4 weeks later...

The targeted WGDC in both of your meth logs are relatively consistent. My thought is it's one of two things:

1. Meth failsafe cutting in and you're runing on spring pressure only, or

2. There's an intermittent mechanical problems with either you BCS (solenoid) or wastegate actuator (sticking maybe).

You should be able to see if it's the failsafe by logging your AFRs - you should be running much leaner if there's no meth injecting than a similar meth run where you're achiveing full boost. If it was the actuator or solenoid, you should notice the same problem happening on your 93 octane map. If you don't, my guess would be on the failsafe.

I see your point about the failsafe. I havnt looked at that because of the meth kit i have (hfs-5) has failsafes. I also have my high and low flow monitors dialed all the way back so they wont trigger. The failsafes are;

1. Flow sensor

2. Boost Light- a B on the DDS3 gauge that lights up when the failsafe is not kicked in.

I guess even though those indications are correct it could be faulty and cutting out my BCS. Thanks i will look into that

Archived