LegacyGT.com

Z Car Club Track Day 5/23 @ High Plains Raceway

chenc544

Have any of you guys heard anything back on registration? I sent in my check/form a few weeks ago but haven't heard anything official. Who do we ping?

Where do I get details on the tech session, man I feel lost :-)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can email Roy Davis. His contact info is in the Odometer.

There are 2 tech sessions. One is a week from today and the other is a week from Wednesday. Actual dates and times are in the newsletter. If you already sent in your registration, just show up at one of the tech sessions.

I don't think there will be any written confirmation, you will get that once you get teched.

www.zccc.org

I am headed out to the track on Friday 5/15 for the open track day. I am going for the half day with my buddy who has a Chrysler 300 SRT8 if anyone wants to join. It's $90 if you register on-line.

It's at HPR, and my friend went last week to check it out, and said the format is as follows: At the top of each hour, the race-class cars lap for 30 minutes. At half past each hour (from 8 am- 4 pm with an hour break for the full day, and 1 pm- 5 pm for the half day) street cars are allowed to lap for 30 minutes all at once. Because the course is so long, my friend was rarely lapped. I am going to try an go fairly regularly this summer, and it's just about every other Friday for open lapping.

• 2 weeks later...
Have fun at the track guys. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it this time. :mad: My dog had ACL surgery a few weeks ago and I need to take him to rehab on Saturdays for the next couple of months.

Well I was the only Leggy driver that turned out. Met a really nice guy driving an STi (shit, can't remember his name). Very good driver.

My car did great, I was extremely happy with her. I'll write a full review soon (fighting a small cold) but in short the only car I couldn't hold off was a Viper. Ran with a Lotus Elise, Cayman, many 350/300z's and a 370z. Even passed the 370. And that was when it dried out. When it was wet I was running at 6/10ths, everyone else was as 3/10. My friend with the Elise couldn't believe how hard my car would bake and how much power it had pulling out of the corners. E85 FTW!

Bummer you guys missed it, it's an amazing track. I got about 200 miles on it that day (about 75 laps or so).

-Ross

The silver one was Jason. Someone locked the keys in his car when they rolled up the windows. Eric(red) had to retire early because of a rod knock. Both are real nice guys and good drivers.

They also run with us most every time.

Well I was the only Leggy driver that turned out. Met a really nice guy driving an STi (shit, can't remember his name). Very good driver.

My car did great, I was extremely happy with her. I'll write a full review soon (fighting a small cold) but in short the only car I couldn't hold off was a Viper. Ran with a Lotus Elise, Cayman, many 350/300z's and a 370z. Even passed the 370. And that was when it dried out. When it was wet I was running at 6/10ths, everyone else was as 3/10. My friend with the Elise couldn't believe how hard my car would bake and how much power it had pulling out of the corners. E85 FTW!

Bummer you guys missed it, it's an amazing track. I got about 200 miles on it that day (about 75 laps or so).

-Ross

Sweet deal - I take it that the tires worked out well

I'm not - I owned a 2007 350z Touring edition. Totalled it last year on the inside wall on the front straight at Pueblo Motorsports Park (hit at about 50 mph). While I do miss her I really like my Spec.B much better (other than my Z would really turn heads). It was black with burnt orange leather interior...

-Ross

I'm not - I owned a 2007 350z Touring edition. Totalled it last year on the inside wall on the front straight at Pueblo Motorsports Park (hit at about 50 mph).

Ouch, did insurance help?

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

Ross,

I wanted to thank you for the email you sent to Roy about our track event. pasted below.

Hopefully you can get the word out about our events to your friends so more will will think about joining us.

Our next event is Sept 12th which also coincides with a regional z event we are hosting this year.

I just wanted to offer a huge thanks to everyone that made today possible. You guys ran a really great event today, the sessions were timed perfectly and it was relaxed and comfortable enough to have a great time. Many other groups/clubs I’ve driven with could learn a lot from you guys. As a former 350z owner it was great to see so many Z cars on the track!

I hope to get out with you guys again, what a great group!

-Ross

Ross,

I wanted to thank you for the email you sent to Roy about our track event. pasted below.

Hopefully you can get the word out about our events to your friends so more will will think about joining us.

Our next event is Sept 12th which also coincides with a regional z event we are hosting this year.

I just wanted to offer a huge thanks to everyone that made today possible. You guys ran a really great event today, the sessions were timed perfectly and it was relaxed and comfortable enough to have a great time. Many other groups/clubs I’ve driven with could learn a lot from you guys. As a former 350z owner it was great to see so many Z cars on the track!

I hope to get out with you guys again, what a great group!

-Ross

bump for a good guy!

Do you guys have a registration period to sign up?

Not really. We do have a registration form in our newsletter the closer we get to the next event. It might show up 2 months before. So it should be in the July, august and sept newsletter(Odometer).

We have tech days usually one week and 3 days before the event. Get teched at one of those so you won't have to pay $10 extra. That info will also be posted in our newsletter.

For more info visit our web site.

www.zccc.org

Headed to HPR next Friday (6/12) for the afternoon open lapping session if anyone wants to join. Just installed front brake ducts last night, so hopefully my rotors won't be glowing this time.

I will be leaving from the downtown area between 10:30 and 11 to have time to get gas in Hoyt and get all set up. Let me know if you want to caravan out there, as at least one of my other friends is coming too. If you haven't gone, I would highly recomend going because I had a blast last time.

Archived