LegacyGT.com

Z Car Club Track Day 5/23 @ High Plains Raceway

chenc544

I will be leaving from the downtown area between 10:30 and 11 to have time to get gas in Hoyt and get all set up. Let me know if you want to caravan out there, as at least one of my other friends is coming too. If you haven't gone, I would highly recomend going because I had a blast last time.

Does the track require a full tech before the open track day or when you arrive?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd seriously doubt they'd require tech before an open lapping day - I've never seen that before. It's pretty much "run whatcya brung" sorta deal. Of course I could see them not allowing you if something looked unsafe (which would be plain stupid).

Jae have you flushed your brakes since Pueblo? If not I'd say that's a must do before you go, the last thing you want is your fluid to be bad/old. I've got a pressure bleeder that fits our cars if you want to borrow it (and can show you how to do it if you haven't - guessing you have).

And depending on the helmet most motorcycle helmets should be fine, is it snell rated?

-Ross

I used my motorcycle helmet and it was fine. It is suprisingly relaxed as they did not even inspect the tire pressure. As stated above, they reserve the right to inspect, but as long as there isn't anything glaring, there shouldn't be any problems. If anyone can take the afternoon off from work, they should try to do so and join us.

I'd seriously doubt they'd require tech before an open lapping day - I've never seen that before. It's pretty much "run whatcya brung" sorta deal. Of course I could see them not allowing you if something looked unsafe (which would be plain stupid).

Jae have you flushed your brakes since Pueblo? If not I'd say that's a must do before you go, the last thing you want is your fluid to be bad/old. I've got a pressure bleeder that fits our cars if you want to borrow it (and can show you how to do it if you haven't - guessing you have).

And depending on the helmet most motorcycle helmets should be fine, is it snell rated?

-Ross

Ross,

Thanks for the use of your brake bleeder - I changed the oil and brakes the week after Pueblo. I was thinking about taking the Jeep SRT8 :)

-Ross

seems its pretty laid back.... i would have thought they would have went through at least a quick tech... even at bandimere they do a tech... not a very good one... mostly just questions... but your only going in a straight line :lol: i got pretty bad tires and almost burnt out clutch or i would go..... and my bike helm is snell rated.... but its also a full faced.....

Archived