LegacyGT.com

Who's up for a Spring Fun Run in SoCal - 4/16?

SBT

Dale - I have hiked in the snow of the Andes in AR and CH and in the Saguaro Desert of Mexico......I can handle the roads and any altitude. Now, if I could just commandeer a FEDEX plane over at Dulles :D

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There must be a C130/141/17 coming this way that could give you a lift...;)

I figured that you'd be able to handle the altitude...just pulling your leg...

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

TheSpecialAKA - Hey another San Diegan. Hope you can join us. This will be a lot of fun and a lot of driving on some of the best roads that Northern SD and Riverside County have to offer.

SBT

So Dale, it's for sure going to be 04/16/05? If so, I will most likely be flying down on the 15th. I can't wait! I will hopefully be joining you guys with my best friend, his girlfriend, and his new Evo MR!
-ben

Ben,

We're definitely going on the 16th. After tax day we'll all, or most of us anyway, need a fun/relax day. Can't think of a better way to spend it than hanging with the Subaru crew and pounding the hills.

Here's who has signed up so far. I'll be getting name tags for each owner/driver and putting together a map/trip packet for your car. Want to keep a back-of-the-envelope handle on how many are planning to attend.

LandShark is coordinating with Norm Reeves and knows the area so I'm counting on him to recommend a good place to site the cars for the initial photos.

Any special requests as we're making the final plans? If possible, we'll try to work it in.

So far, between our 24 here

1. Subietonic

2. o|-| c|-|uTe

3. LandShark

4. awdG35killer

5. Boostjunkie

6. sde

7. Legacy STI

8. SUBY3

9. sleepin gt

10. axis008

11. sashin

12. lilbigman

13. odenheimer

14. mines

15. meathead (possibility)

16. Drew888

17. panamajack

18. SnoDork

19. SteveSatch

20. Sil&Duckswrx&legacy

21. Legasee

22. buplew

23. TheSpecialAKA

24. stifen

and, at last count, about 12 more from the NASIOC SoCal crew makes 36 owner's cars so far.

Keep bringing it. Looking forward to seeing all of you. LGTs/OBXTs represent!

SBT

Subietonic,

A little off topic, sorry. Do you know about the meets on tuesday by Ranch Subaru? I was thinking about going to the next one. Been a long time since I've spoken to dedicated LGT enthusiasts in the flesh.

I keep forgetting about this. What time again?

SBT

my band plays the night of the 15th and 16th at a dive bar in orange. we play classic rock to some newer contemporary rock and there's lots of dancing and partaking of fine adult beverages if anyone wants to come there the night before. no cover charge either.

Let me know and I can post the address and directions?

Alrighty! Bought my plane tickets the other day to Ontario airport for the night of the 15th down and night of the 16th back up. I will be joining you all with my best friend's soon-to-be white Evo MR and girlfriend! Can't wait to meet and see you all there!!

-Ben

-ben

I learnered my lesson and I will not be racing. I been caught once and once is enough. By the way, I got out of it with a speeding ticket:D . But I think this is going to be a friendly cruise, I hope.

For all,

This is set up to be a a friendly "cruise" with some opportunities to enjoy some spirited "moments" enroute. The last thing we want to have is a pull-over situation from the local constabulary. Tends to get expensive and slows things down considerably. That and none of us will want to pull over and wait while one of our crew "sweats" it out with the man. CHP tends to frown on the "waiting" while they're ticketing... :)

Many friends, wives/husbands, girlfirends/boyfriends are tagging along, so we want to make sure that they enjoy the "fun run" too.

A008,

Ben, glad you're making it down for this. Looking forward to meeting you all. This time two weeks from now it will all be memories, pictures and hopefully some good video shots.

Speaking of videos, would someone like to volunteer to do some video capture of the various stages? Let me know so we can discuss your ideas and thoughts.

Maps and instructions coming soon to a thread near you.

SBT

I am going to take my wife and 1 year old daughter. Is that a good idea or should I leave them at home. My wife wants to go and I just say ok. But I was wondering if anyone else going to take there families?

If you hang back at the back and don't want to "push" then I think you'd be okay taking your daughter. However, if you want to exercise your suspension and get a feel for what your car is capable of, I'd recommend not taking her... unless she was born with a steering wheel in her hands and is already piloting her own Subaru...:).

Bottom line, you can make this as spirited or as sedate as you and your crew are comfortable with. It's designed to be fun and rewarding.

SBT

Archived