LegacyGT.com

Who's up for a Spring Fun Run in SoCal - 4/16?

SBT

Our SoCal LegacyGT ranks have grown significantly over the past few months and so that just begs the question, when can we get together?

So - let's do a fun run here in SoCal.

We'll kickoff with a mid-morning drive-in meet and group photo at Norm Reeves in Temecula. That would be reasonably central for most of the SoCal Subaru LGT crew. I would also expect that several 2.5RS, WRX and STI owners might want to join up too.

Once we get the majority of the group there, we could form up and make a freeway dash up to the Palm Desert Area arriving around lunchtime. Once there, we'd refuel (lunch for us and our cars) at one of the local establishments and grab another group photo. (~80 miles)

From there we'd head South on SR74 (Pines to Palms Hwy) up over the San Jacinto's to Idyllwild. One of my favorite runs in all of SoCal and ideally suited to motorcycles and Subarus. Particularly gorgeous views at some of the pull outs. (~25 miles)

Once we get up to Idyllwild, we can do the snack and potty break and take some more photos.

From there, there's a couple of options - head down to Temecula on SR74 via Hemet (~45 miles) or, drop down through Anza and pick up SR79 into Temecula (~50 miles).

Proposed Itinerary (Saturday 4-16 - Day after taxation day - let's go relax)

1. Meet up at Norm Reeves in Temecula (9:00-1030)

2. Drive up to Palm Springs/Banning (10:30-11:30)

3. Lunch/refuel in Palm Springs/Banning area (11:30-12:30)

4. Drive up to Idyllwild on SR-243 the Palms to Pines Highway (1230-1:30)

5. Stop in Idyllwild for a soda/snack/potty break and group photo (1:30-2:30)

6. Head back to Temecula via Hemet or Anza (2:30-4:00)

It makes a fun, full day and it could be our Spring Fling before the Memorial Day weekend is upon us and then all of our Summer calendars start to fill up.

LandShark will be coordinating with his contact at Norm Reeves and see if they would be amenable to hosting us on the 16th.

I've posted this on the NASIOC.com SoCal site too (invite other Subaru folk)?

We're still looking for an easy, quick access Palm Springs/Palm Desert area food stop that could accomodate 30-50 cars (or more)

Okay - over to you all. I'm standing by for your thoughts and ideas.

SBT

Proposed Map:

Key:

Yellow - Temecula to Idyllwild via Palm Desert

Dk Blue - Idylwild to Temecula via Hemet

Lt Blue - Idylwild to Temecula via Anza

1228974963_ModifiedFunRun.JPG.214e23a7c83fc06ec76847b2dec4c1dc.JPG

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LandShark - Thanks!

So far:

Subietonic

o|-| c|-|uTe (weekend of the 15th)

LandShark

awdG35killer

Boostjunkie

Who else can make it?

SBT

This will be a whole bunch more than standing around kicking tires and lifting hoods. Who would do that anyway??? wink, wink.

SBT

sounds like fun :) .. sign me up! .. if we're lucky, we may catch the desert in the pre-spring flower bloom time. that always looks cool.

Glad you can join.

The desert is in massive carpet bloom right now. In fact we'll probably head out this weekend to Borrego Springs to see it in all it's freshly watered spendor. This is the first real bloom they've had since 1987 so it's worth seeing.

SBT

Glad you can join.

The desert is in massive carpet bloom right now. In fact we'll probably head out this weekend to Borrego Springs to see it in all it's freshly watered spendor. This is the first real bloom they've had since 1987 so it's worth seeing.

SBT

*sighs* too bad i cannot catch the bloom now. camped out in anza borrego duing the bloom season a while back. overall the experience was nice, but blooming was marginal.

have fun!

I'm in. some of us could meet on the ortega highway in capistrano and drove up through to temecula.

I had had that same thought for those coming from the Beach areas. Love the Ortega Highway. Another road made for motorcycles and Subarus.

Dactylonian - some things are more important - Congratulations and have a wonderful honeymoon, we understand ;)

rB5 - okay - I'm completely jealous. We'll expect some first rate live action shots and/or video though. How did you set this up? Also keeping my eye out for a good condition BC or BF 5MT. Great cars and the 2.2T is as bulletproof an engine as you'll ever want to find. Would love to have one on this run.

sleepin gt - believe me, you'll not need any other distractions. :)

The list so far:

Subietonic

LandShark

awdG35killer

Boostjunkie

sde

Legacy STI

SUBY3

sleepin gt

Keep passing the word and let anyone know that might be interested.

SBT

sde -

Really like that drive. We went out yesterday and wouldn't you know it the lithium batts in my camera were kaput. Couldn't even find AA's, sold out everywhere I went and we were really hungry so food became a number 1 priority. By the time we got fed and watered, it was time to head back. But, the flowers were awesome and the colors were incredibly vibrant.

We were 2 cars behind a RBP OB. Never could tell if it was an XT or not. Didn't see any other Subes at BS, but did see a ton of WRXs and Foresters on the way out and back. Waved to them all but got no response.

We'll probably do it again the weekend after next if we get a break from this next winter rain storm. It's supposed to give us another good lashing and may last through next weekend. Thank God for the rain, but it's beyond soggy everywhere.

SBT

Awesome response so far guys and gals.

Updated list:

Subietonic

LandShark

awdG35killer

Boostjunkie

sde

Legacy STI

SUBY3

sleepin gt

axis008 (if he can ditch school for the weekend - ;))

sashin

lilbigman

odenheimer

mines

meathead (possibility)

and at least four more from the NASIOC SoCal crew.

Let's bump it up and see who else answers back.

SBT

Archived