LegacyGT.com

How long did you look for?

Decided to look for an 05 Sedan 5MT Limited(kids+cloth=suck) for around $14000. Liked the Forester XT's as well but liked the fact that the Legacys have rear air bags.

Found an '06 that fit the bill first day I looked on Autotrader(on a Sunday)

Called the dealer Monday

Took it home Wednesday

-Matt

I test drove a couple LGT's over a period of about a week, then I found the 3.0R which i liked because I thought it was unique since I had never seen one on the road before. I drove a 325xi before and was tired of seeing so many others with the same car, so this time I went for something different. To this day I have only seen maybe 5 other 3.0r's on the road.

5 hours? WT? THAT is the reason why people hate dealing with car salesmen.

To be fair, I had Internet-browsed cars for many months before deciding on the GT. It was my first/only test drive of any car, and after the test drive I knew I wanted it. I wasn't really pressured into the sale. I did VIP pricing and got a decent finance rate.

I was actually looking for a G35 but had to choose between Manual and AWD. While I was at the dealership the saleman said he could tell my requirements were strict, so what are they? "4-door sedan, Stick, AWD, fast."

"Well, we just got this in, not even cleaned it up yet. 05 LGT Limited."

At first I said no, confusing it with the WRX that was too small inside for me". After the salesman came back to it a couple times I remembered that some folks from my old car forum had recommended this exact car I said; "I'll test drive it, bit just so my buddies won't give me crap for ignoring their suggestion."

The first time I punched it in first all through the turbo.... Well, let's just say that the big fat sweaty grin that appeared on my face was all the the sales guy needed to see....

I was at the dealership for an hour total and that involved 2 test drives, a lot of tire kicking and haggling for the LGT.

Picked it up the next day - (They *really* hadn't cleaned it up yet - still had old owner's crap in there!)

We had to order each of the current Subies; the OB and Tribeca are all that was stocked locally, until the 2.5i came out, and who would want one of those instead of a GT? I think we had to order the 2000 wagon, too, but the two wagons before that were in stock locally.

was in the car market looking for an AWD car and the second day i was looking saw an LGT (for the first time ever) parked in Newport, RI and loved it versus the WRX. went home and a couple days later looked up Subaru dealers in my area...checked out some of their online catalogs and found the LGT I have now at one close by. went in the same day i found it online, test drove, took it home for an overnight test drive, came back the next day and told them i wanted it. wasn't able to purchase for a week or so after i told them i wanted it because i was waiting on hearing back from getting a job....found out and bought it right away.

• 2 weeks later...
You got the blue one from Annapolis Subaru right? don't suppose you looked over the silver one while you were up there?

Ideally I want a white one, especially as I have seen 2 white LGT wagons recently in the area and they looked really nice, despite the fact I don't really like white cars.

The silver one is very nice and I am enjoying it thoroughly.

Took me about 3 days. Really didn't want silver, but it was low mileage and a 5MT. And I REALLY need a car bad at the time. I wish I had more time to find a better deal, I have had a lot of issues with it. But that isn't really to uncommon for a 96. I have most of the bugs worked out.

I actually had my heart set on an 07 Nissan Maxima. Was unhappy with the local dealer's price and was making a trip to a bigger city with more competition.

Just before I left a used lot had an 06 Legacy 2.5i that I took for a test drive. Was happy with the vehicle setup but unhappy with engine performance. Did some research and found this forum.

Started shopping for an LGT and found 2 that I was interested in. Bought the SpecB because dealer gave me the price I wanted on both the car and my trade.

Basically bought it sight unseen and simply drove down to finalize the deal and take my new car home. Been extremely happy with the car since.

I will buy another Subie..... and have converted a buddy or 2 who are shopping LGTs now.

started looking about 2 weeks before I sold my Evo. the Evo sold in Mid Oct, didnt find my LGT till Jan 1st. So was carless for over 2 months, it sucked ass. But I wouldnt budge on the exact LGT I wanted, 06 manual black w/ black leather. So glad I waited it out!

i just got mines!!! I am waiting for the transportation company to pick it up and deliver it to me. I took me a long time cause I give up on my legacy search and got a S2000. I had the s2000 for a year and total it and finally got a White legacy GT limited.

Archived