LegacyGT.com

2.5i Looking for some PeeeeOwer Increase

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The mazda 3 only weights 2800lbs, thats almost 600lbs lighter than a 2.5i and the make simular power and a simular powerband

You need to get some facts straight on this. First a Mazda 3 weight is relative to model and the 2.3i which has 150 hp and a 140 tq weights more like 2900lbs and the outback or legacy weight is about 3200 making it a 300lb diff not a 600 lb one, and on top of that, they legacy turns out 170 hp and 170 tq. I can tell you myself a mazda 3 wont beat a outback 2.5i nor should it. Weight is relative if you have A. more traction being awd, and B. more tq and power.

You may have a modded turbo legacy and have 1600 post but a mazda 3 on its best day does not weigh 600lbs less then a legacy.

Cobb cams, engine management, EL headers, catless midpipe, intake, CBE & every other bolt on available should put you around 170 whp @ 5500rpms..

It's not worth it..

FYI, the drivetrain & suspension are the same LGT to 2.5i, as well as the interior in most cases..

the 2.5i is 173 with out the Turbo....So I think what some of us X-Volvo S70 T5 owners thinks a low boost turbo offered by Subaru would be nice as another class of Legacy BUTT; The fact is we bought the N/A's for a reason....but would like to find the most LOW COST BUTT MOST INCREASE solution out there? would it be the ECU reprogrammed or the Intake?.

Thanks TEAM!

So much NA hate. I love my 2.5i and I know it's not for power. If I wanted power I could trade it in for a LGT but everyone has there reasons for buying a NA rather than a turbo, it scares some people. If you really looking for power trade it in, if your looking for a couple of things to improves its handling and a couple other small things then the NA threads are for you.

I'm in an NA and I love it, no matter how slow it is... which in my opinion it isn't that bad going from a 96 Legacy L :lol:

You need to get some facts straight on this. First a Mazda 3 weight is relative to model and the 2.3i which has 150 hp and a 140 tq weights more like 2900lbs and the outback or legacy weight is about 3200 making it a 300lb diff not a 600 lb one, and on top of that, they legacy turns out 170 hp and 170 tq. I can tell you myself a mazda 3 wont beat a outback 2.5i nor should it. Weight is relative if you have A. more traction being awd, and B. more tq and power.

You may have a modded turbo legacy and have 1600 post but a mazda 3 on its best day does not weigh 600lbs less then a legacy.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/FirstDrives/articleId=136426

the 2010 Mazda 3 will weigh between 58 and 111 pounds more than the current car. A Mazda 3 s equipped with the automatic transmission weighs 3,025 pounds, which is not a small number in the compact sedan category.

The big news, of course, is the addition of the 2.5-liter engine to the Mazda 3 model mix. Once it's installed in the Mazda 3, this 2.5-liter MZR inline-4 is rated at 167 horsepower and 168 pound-feet of torque — a bump of 11 hp and 18 lb-ft over the former 2.3-liter mill. It's also 28 hp and 40 lb-ft more than the Honda Civic's 1.8-liter inline-4.

You 2.5i guys are going to get owned.:lol: That Mazda 3 is a chick car though. Gay guys and chicks drive them.

Damn that 2010 Mazda3 looks good...

But at the time when I was comparing 2008 models, I remember the 2.5i putting out slightly more hp than the Mazda3. Also, the 2.5i was roomer and honestly, better looking (I think the 08 Mazda3 looks like a short fat little piglet). Also, everyone and their mothers (especially their mothers) drives a Mazda3 now... and I wanted something no one I knew had.

The 2010 Mazda3 is really irrelevant to this discussion.

If you really wanted to compare 2010 models...

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=126468

"The 2.0-liter naturally aspirated unit is expected to generate 200 horsepower".

Also, for us NA drivers that are looking for a power increase, telling us to upgraded to a LGT isn't really constructive. We're obviously not looking to blow like 5k trading it in and getting a LGT, or else we would have already and wouldn't be here asking you guys.

The point is I wouldn't mind blowing a couple hundred bucks for an intake and an ECU reflash or remap, if I knew what kind of power increase it had. And that's why we're asking if anyone knows. [/rant]

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/FirstDrives/articleId=136426

You 2.5i guys are going to get owned.:lol: That Mazda 3 is a chick car though. Gay guys and chicks drive them.

If you really wanted to compare 2010 models...

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=126468

The 2.0-liter naturally aspirated unit is expected to generate 200 horsepower while the 2.5-liter turbo model will produce over 300 hp. In order to reduce emissions and improve fuel efficiency, two notoriously weak areas for Subaru, engineers are working on a continuously variable transmission in addition to the standard five-speed automatic.

With the 3.0-liter model discarded, we have it on good authority that Subaru is seriously considering adding a hot Legacy STI to the mix further down the road — a sedan destined to get a turbocharged version of the company's current 3.7-liter engine that will reportedly pump out upwards of 430 hp.

Hmmm....

Lol, the 2.5i guys need someone to race. You right the mazda 3 only has a 300lbs weight advantage and the legacy has 15hp and 25trq advantage. If you were to race one from a dig you 2.5i guys would probably win but form a roll it would be close. You have a SLIGHT power advantage and they have 300lbs weight advantage.

Archived