LegacyGT.com

What to get? Cleansweep or RF 3Sixty.1?

itsme

To pipe in again, the DQ8-L is a good piece of equipment.

It does the SAME THING as the 3Sixty.2 with one difference, it has less bands of equalization to play with. It does half-octave rather than 1/3rd octave. 3Sixty.2 has 31 for FL and FR, 27 for RR, RL and C, and 10 for S. Generally speaking, more bands is better. The DQ8-L goes for Parametric EQs, but less of them. For some cars, you can get good results, but if there are certian kinds of sound imperfections, there is only so much you can do with less bands, as you'll run out before you're finished tuning.

Just one note, NEITHER piece can compensate for the problems with the stock volume control, that is a problem that is beyond the scope of modern DSP. The way the 3Sixty "handles" it is to eliminate it, which is the only known work-around to use the stock radio.

Again, just to beat a dead horse, if you don't have NAV, USE THE CUBBY ABOVE THE RADIO!!! (I used to do this before I had a Legacy with Nav). A good aftermarket radio (Eclipse, Clarion DRZ9255, Alpine, etc) will be far better.

I know what you mean about aftermarket radios. But I live in Los Angeles and I feel if someone can see it they will steal it. I really like the JVC ah-39 w/built in HD-radio,6 RCAs and sub controller that I installed in my suburban. It really sounds great and its cheaper than all of the DSP($160) . But, if I use the cubby I lose my boost and A/F gauges.:mad: I really have to think about this.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, your boost and A/F Gauges are important.

Relocate those above the cubby? I think that'll look cooler anyway. But Putting a radio there is best, by far.

then again, you could do this

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l177/ean611/IMAG0013.jpg

Did some googling.. all I keep getting is sites that sell the unit :lol: Typical with these types of products :(

I'll take your word for it that it magically knows what is happening at various input volume levels and can distinguish HU output volume from the volume level in the track itself.

Doesn't explain why the DQL-8 comes with it's own volume knob tho :lol:

It doesn't. It comes with a bass knob.

then again, you could do this

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l177/ean611/IMAG0013.jpg

Oooh nice. Is that how yours turned out? But I need stealth. DC area is notorious for the smash-and-grab. No choices for aftermarket unless I can figure a way to hide a single din behind the cubby cover. Or go glove compartment - that space for the manual is just begging to go.

Town, I snagged one of the last Highline Car Audio modded units second hand, and mostly by luck.

I Was going to build one, but again, luck struck first.

For the cubby, The general thing is to put it there instead of the cubby. total stealth is difficult for that.

The only consolation is that we drive Legacy's. Considering our cars almost never get aftermarket decks in them due to difficulty, the likelihood of a thief skipping my car is higher, I hope.

Bottom line, install it where you want, list it on insurance, and make sure you trust your insurance.

oooh ::SLAP::!! :eek:

jk. I know it can be done without losing the factory volume knob, I've seen it. I just don't know if they're defeating its purpose. Or care really...I don't even want to control the volume from the stock h/u to be honest. Make it useless and give me a discreet knob any day - so I can laugh when my gf tries to turn it down. A little sleight of hand with a smile to distract her attention and I bet it'll take her weeks to figure out where the real knob is! :lol:

Dammit, ean. I was refering to verwildererwhatever's post.

SO LUCKY to get that piece then. I wonder how crappy of a job I'd do in the glove box... or if I'll ever get to it. I have the focals in the kix, but they aren't even wired. oops. I need to find some time/space to do all this.

Town, I used to have a cubby install. If you take out the cubby, you'll find that it's around 1.5DIN worth of space.

If you buy a ~2000 or so Metra Ford F150 Install kit, and dremel it to fit, you can get a pretty clean looking install there.

This was my old car.

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l177/ean611/DSCN0432.jpg

So i had a caraudio place put in my mbquart components and 2 amps and i'm running two kicker subs. and my subs and speakers all sound like shit. subs do not get loud at all and come to find out the jerks never unplugged my stock sub. i'm so ticked. So i get this 3sixty and unplug that stock amps am i going to get the true potential out of my speakers?

So i had a caraudio place put in my mbquart components and 2 amps and i'm running two kicker subs. and my subs and speakers all sound like shit. subs do not get loud at all and come to find out the jerks never unplugged my stock sub. i'm so ticked. So i get this 3sixty and unplug that stock amps am i going to get the true potential out of my speakers?

That is the problem I had with my WRX. The 3sixty should fix your problem.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

to be honest i dont knwo what they did but the stock speakers sounded better lol. i cant stand the sound. i want to shoot the punks that did it. i will never take any of my stuff to them again and i have bad mouthed the place ever since. they didnt even put my counsel in straight its all wacked up. i could stab someone with a butter knife

bdickey, too bad you're not in MA, or I'd be glad to look things over.

The reason your speakers sound like "shit" is two fold.

1) It is probably not tuned correctly for your car. This is something the 3Sixty.2 will help with, but tuning takes some time and effort. I can recommend some software that if you find a good microphone, will help and make it easier to figure out.

2) Sound deadener. I cannot stress this enough. I'm on my second Legacy (thanks drunk asshole) and let me tell you, sound deadening your doors with aftermarket speakers is a must in many cases. You must put some behind the speaker, and cover the interior door panel as well. I recommend a butyl rubber layer (Dynamat Extreme, eDead 80, etc) followed by a closed cell foam layer (Ensolite, eDead V4, etc). The reason you need this is reverberation around inside your door. Your stock doors have around .75-.85s of reverb, and it isn't full range due to the small compartment. This is particulary bad in the midrange areas. The only way to get clean sound is to deaden as a result.

http://www.raamaudio.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?p=ht

The above link contains good info on how to deaden doors yourself. Their products are also good, if you're looking for deadener.

Oh yeah, and bottom line, with the 3Sixty.2, the DQ8-L, or The cleansweep, you're still going to have it work at only one volume setting of the factory radio, and you still may find it lacking. The solution there is to use the cubby to put a single DIN radio. (see pics earlier in thread)

I should dynomat the doors. but i like my cuppyhole lol. and i think it looks werid when u have a big ulgy cdplayer/climate controle thing then in the pod a cd player. for some reason it just rubs me the wronge way! i wish i had lgt friends here in south dakota or anywhere close. there is a few lgt's in town. one a old guy drives and a red one that a chick drives. i've tried following her, she has a led foot and i always get stuck behind a slower vechile. from what i can tell she's good looking lol

Because my parking conditions at home are less than ideal for ripping apart the car and installing the gear.

I feel your pain there. My "project" has been sitting in a corner of the living room for almost three years now. My 3Sixty.2 is now over a year old and yet to be powered on...

Anyone In northern VA got a garage I can borrow?

Town, I used to have a cubby install. If you take out the cubby, you'll find that it's around 1.5DIN worth of space.

If you buy a ~2000 or so Metra Ford F150 Install kit, and dremel it to fit, you can get a pretty clean looking install there.

This was my old car.

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l177/ean611/DSCN0432.jpg

Thanks, Ean. Looks OK, but this won't work. If only it retained the look of the factory cubby door...I need STEALTH. In the '08 the info panel is just a clock so I don't mind deleting it, but I do want that cover to remain functional - even if it's something that just snaps or clips on the front (versus pivot up and in, like factory).

I even put two dark beanies over my kix right now to hide them from those shady dudes on bicycles cruising up and down the streets of DC peering into cars. That's how relentless they are around here. Sucks.

Am I just being cheap or is the .1 good enough? I have a 10" fosgate p1 sub w/150w mono amp and 4 Pioneer 4-way 6.5" door speakers w/ 4x50w rms amp(not installed yet). I don't think really need all of the this the .2 can do.

I say you just get a 120v to 12v adapter and just plug in a boombox! :)

Also, I don't think anyone has mentioned this, but with any audio project, you wanna lay some dynomat in the doors. Subarus have some of the worst vibration problems I've ever seen in a car. That will also help your sound as well. Even if you are keeping the stock setup, the dynomat will realy improve things.

Yes, I know. I went to the link that ean611 had in his post up to. The money I save from not getting a .2 will pay for the sound deadener. How much do I need for just the 4 doors and spare tire area?

Archived