LegacyGT.com

What to get? Cleansweep or RF 3Sixty.1?

itsme

I have a 10" sub and amp tapped into my factory sub wires. I added new door speakers and now they are too much for my '06 stock mp3 HU. They sound better but the HU can't push them and they are not very loud. So I want to add a 4-channel amp. I'm stuck between the cleansweep and the Rockford 3Sixty.1. They are about the same price. I can get a refub. cleansweep for $130 shipped and RF 3Sixty for @$190. The CS only has 4 channel output and is cheaper and the 3sixty has 6 output(ft-RL,RR-RL,SW,Center) and can be adjusted with a PDA or laptop. So which have you heard , used, and would recomend. Thanks
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for the help. I will get the RF 3sixty.1. I will remove the fatory sub and mount it under the seats and tap into the wires going to the factory sub.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

I have a clean sweep in my car. I have no complaints at all. Very simple to use and the sound is very clear. I have been using it in my LEgacy for over 2 years with absolutely no problems. Its a quality piece. I'm sure the Alpine is great too, its just a matter of opinion I guess. You should be happy wither way you go.

Itsmem, 3Sixty.2 on ebay is ~350. If you're willing to go ebaying, there is no reason to get a 3Sixty.1 over a 3Sixty.2. (If you're willing to spend the time, the .2 has FAR better EQing capibility)

If you're not sure how to tune that many bands, Look up RoomEqWizard (via google, you'll find it), and get a good mic for your laptop.

Cleansweep does what it is intended to do - flatten the factory headunit's EQ and provide a clean flat input to your amp.

3Sixty does that too but lets you tune it.

My 3Sixty is still sitting in the box :mad::lol:

Why haven't you used yours?

Itsmem, 3Sixty.2 on ebay is ~350. If you're willing to go ebaying, there is no reason to get a 3Sixty.1 over a 3Sixty.2. (If you're willing to spend the time, the .2 has FAR better EQing capibility)

If you're not sure how to tune that many bands, Look up RoomEqWizard (via google, you'll find it), and get a good mic for your laptop.

J ust lose on a .2 for $203.:mad:

itsme, good luck, Ebay can be frustrating, but keep at it. I used the 3Sixty.2 with my factory stereo, and it was the best thing that will work that way.

I now have my Eclipse radio in the factory location ;) I still use the 3Sixty.2 as an EQ, as it has low level inputs, and as an outboard EQ, it rocks.

off topic somewhat. but if i got a CS, running 2 amps, 1-4 ch and 1 sub/mono, could i still use my factory aux input for my ipod cable? i too am torn between the CS and 3sixty/ .2 (don't think i need the .2) this is, if i cant find a double din manual climate control faceplate for my recently purchased avic f 90BT!!!!!

^^ A cable that costs 5 bucks would solve your problem if you still couldnt use the factor AUX input. The Cleansweep allows for two different audio sources to be used, so you could just plug your ipod directly into that and you should be good. Your 4 channel amp, depending on the brand, should have low pass RCA outputs or just an extra set of outputs you could use to plug into your Class D amp. Should be good to go.

Get an Audio Control DQL8. You will retain all of the volume knobs (unlike clean sweep) including those on the steering wheel, set your own eq (unlike clean sweep, which only flattens the eq) AND you will get an AUX input! I have it and love it! The possiblities for sound are endless with this audio processor. It's a bit pricey though.

Just thought I'd add my two cents.

I run MTX REQ-5 and works great. I am running a 2 amps with focal components, polk 12 subs and old school Soundstream reference amps.. It has an extra Aux and using a pac bass knob ($20) to lower and raise subwoofers.. Just throwing out another option.. Mtx req only about $100.00

Yes, but the factory EQ changes as the volume is adjusted, hence the need for the CS or the 3Sixty's own volume control.

I believe the DQL-8 also corrects this and there's really no comparison between the Alpine imprint (limited tuning nightmare but applies nice preset sound curves), 3SIXTY.2 (ok performance, and cool integration but still RF and I don't have a Palm device) and JL's Cleansweep (bare minimum for a flat signal). Audiocontrol is one NICE piece and I will be using its x-over soon to apply a 3-way bass setup in cabin, in addition to my 3-way kix :). By far the best piece, but you gotta pay to play.

You can also tune the CS to where you retain the factory volume control. Search on it...

sebberry, I agree with you. I looked at an Audiocontrol DQ8-L before I went with my 3Sixty.2

The bottom line is that there is no way to detect volume from the head, and adjust dynamically to deal with the different frequency responses at different volumes.

I ended up with my aftermarket radio going to my 3Sixty.2, and I think it's a great setup that way.

Bottom line, if you don't have Nav, use the cubby area for a radio.

Yes, but the factory EQ changes as the volume is adjusted, hence the need for the CS or the 3Sixty's own volume control.

That's ok....every single factory radio out there does that....it is designed to make $2 speakers sound like $50 speakers....the dql8 will still always cancel the factory signal and then impose its own before sending the signal back out to the speakers. If you are wanting to change out your interior speakers this is the way to go. It will do everything the cs will do and more because you can make your own eq for your aftermarket speakers while still using the volume controls on the radio/steering wheel (if your car has them). It doesn't matter if the signal changes as you turn the volume up. They have found a way to work around it.

Do your research on this product! You'll find it is great. I ran all top of the line Focal speakers (K2P series....just under the Utopia series) on my Mazda using the stock radio and the DQL8 and I loved it. Plus the cs has had some issues with going out from time to time (I don't know if that issue was resolved, but back in 2006 they were having issues with them at this car audio shop I worked at...That's why I chose the Audio Control DQL8.

EAN & SEB It doesn't matter that the volume changes and the curve. The DQL8 merely takes the signal, no matter what the eq curve looks like being sent from the radio (so even it is changes due to the volume increasing...EVERY stock radio does this...merely makes $2 speakers sound like $50) and it flattens the eq and then puts its own that you set. It is similar to when your radio receives a signal from the air and then you adjust the bass/mids/treb, only more complicated... It sounds like too many people are hooked on the JL stuff and think that they are the best...When it comes to audio processing they don't make a very good product. While I was working at a car audio shop, we got alot of those returned and just stopped pushing them because they weren't very good. Then we decided to push the DQL8 and had alot of success with it. It performed much better than the cs. That's why I chose to run it (and still have it waiting to be put in my Leggy now) when I was running my Focal K2P's all round. Components in the front/rear and three K2Ps subs in the back. It sounded great!

EAN & SEB It doesn't matter that the volume changes and the curve. The DQL8 merely takes the signal, no matter what the eq curve looks like being sent from the radio (so even it is changes due to the volume increasing...EVERY stock radio does this...merely makes $2 speakers sound like $50) and it flattens the eq and then puts its own that you set. It is similar to when your radio receives a signal from the air and then you adjust the bass/mids/treb, only more complicated... It sounds like too many people are hooked on the JL stuff and think that they are the best...When it comes to audio processing they don't make a very good product. While I was working at a car audio shop, we got alot of those returned and just stopped pushing them because they weren't very good. Then we decided to push the DQL8 and had alot of success with it. It performed much better than the cs. That's why I chose to run it (and still have it waiting to be put in my Leggy now) when I was running my Focal K2P's all round. Components in the front/rear and three K2Ps subs in the back. It sounded great!

but, how does it comapre to the 3sixty.1

Let me just put it like this...To explain how that piece of equipment works would take me a long time and I still probably wouldn't get it right. I hate when people say this, but this time you really might want to search the product and read something already printed about it (and honestly, ses if you understand it all....I know I good deal about car audio and still don't understand everything about that piece). I would just google "audio control dql8" and read what's out there, then you can make up your mind.

Remember, this was just my two cents and from my experiences with the cs and this product, the dql8 is far better. I don't know much about the 3sixty.1 because I've never used it. Main point, it is you want to retain your factory radio and still be able to use your volume controls on the radio/steering wheel, get the audio control.

I realize this isn't helpful at all, but you should search the dql8 and read what's out there....it gets really complicated to explain how everything works on that unit.

To pipe in again, the DQ8-L is a good piece of equipment.

It does the SAME THING as the 3Sixty.2 with one difference, it has less bands of equalization to play with. It does half-octave rather than 1/3rd octave. 3Sixty.2 has 31 for FL and FR, 27 for RR, RL and C, and 10 for S. Generally speaking, more bands is better. The DQ8-L goes for Parametric EQs, but less of them. For some cars, you can get good results, but if there are certian kinds of sound imperfections, there is only so much you can do with less bands, as you'll run out before you're finished tuning.

Just one note, NEITHER piece can compensate for the problems with the stock volume control, that is a problem that is beyond the scope of modern DSP. The way the 3Sixty "handles" it is to eliminate it, which is the only known work-around to use the stock radio.

Again, just to beat a dead horse, if you don't have NAV, USE THE CUBBY ABOVE THE RADIO!!! (I used to do this before I had a Legacy with Nav). A good aftermarket radio (Eclipse, Clarion DRZ9255, Alpine, etc) will be far better.

Archived