LegacyGT.com

Rear Toe-in bolt seized. Rear LCA Question.

Ryandigi

Bump from the dead.

Im in the same boat now, both of mine are seized. I asked the tech at IAG and he said the only way to really get them out was using a grinder on both ends of the bolt, bending the two flanges a little bit, then dropping the whole arm. He said that I couldnt use a sawzall inbetween like people have suggested.

Has anyone had any luck using the sawzall?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There really isn't enough clearance for the blade to hit the bolt without damaging the surrounding subframe. It would be best to just take your time with an angle grinder. I don't see why you would have to bend the flanges though, and you may be able to hammer the bolt out after grinding the rear side only.

There really isn't enough clearance for the blade to hit the bolt without damaging the surrounding subframe. It would be best to just take your time with an angle grinder. I don't see why you would have to bend the flanges though, and you may be able to hammer the bolt out after grinding the rear side only.

Yeah. IAG told me the same thing about the sawzall. The hammering idea might work because the nut does come off.

Heat ONLY the bolt until it's red and then quench it with water. That may make it come loose. Put pressure on the bolt with a wrench once it's hot and a lot of times you can actually hear it crack (other things like O2 sensors do it) when you quench it.

^i tried that. No luck. Ended up having to cut them out. I have for sale my old arms if anyone is interested. I even pressed out the old bushings so anyone can upgrade to Whiteline without paying a shop. Asking $70 shipped for the pair.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/14/berysy4a.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/14/3yzavyqy.jpg

• 2 months later...
So you need to get the old link out. Once you do that you have two options, replace the whole thing, or press the bushing out.

Option 1:

#30 Rear link 20250AE080 $58.18

#32 Cam bolt 901700122 $4.37

Flange nut 901000110 $1.77

Option 2:

#31 Bushing 20250AE01A $10.47

#32 Cam bolt 901700122 $4.37

Flange nut 901000110 $1.77

You should be able to grind through the old bolt with an angle grinder or you could use a sawzall to cut through. Be careful not to damage the surrounding link or the carrier.

*bump*I don't think this is right.

http://opposedforces.com/parts/legacy/us_b13/type_7/suspension_and_axle/rear_suspension/illustration_2/

Bushing appears to be:

20254AE01A

So from this diagram, if one were to remove the assembly and wanted to replace all the hardware that bolts to it, he would need FOR EACH side:

902350006 - (2) self locking nuts

20560AA011 - (1) washer toe adjust

903100171 - (1) washer cam

20254AE01A - (1) bushing b - lateral link

901700122 - (1) bolt cam

901000110 - (1) flange bolt

This doesn't include the lateral link itself of course.

The entire link itself would be 20250AE01A.

• 8 months later...
*bump*I don't think this is right.

http://opposedforces.com/parts/legacy/us_b13/type_7/suspension_and_axle/rear_suspension/illustration_2/

Bushing appears to be:

20254AE01A

So from this diagram, if one were to remove the assembly and wanted to replace all the hardware that bolts to it, he would need FOR EACH side:

902350006 - (2) self locking nuts

20560AA011 - (1) washer toe adjust

903100171 - (1) washer cam

20254AE01A - (1) bushing b - lateral link

901700122 - (1) bolt cam

901000110 - (1) flange bolt

This doesn't include the lateral link itself of course.

The entire link itself would be 20250AE01A.

great this just came in handy, just had to do this order as mavis wanted to charge over 200$ in parts plus labor because my rear adjustment is seized and the bushings are shot.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
^i tried that. No luck. Ended up having to cut them out. I have for sale my old arms if anyone is interested. I even pressed out the old bushings so anyone can upgrade to Whiteline without paying a shop. Asking $70 shipped for the pair.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/14/berysy4a.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/14/3yzavyqy.jpg

Doing this now lol did you end up using a sawzall or grinder?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I started to remove the lower toe arms yesterday. The cam bolts are frozen to the bushing. I used a sawzall and 4 blades to get the right side done. Left side is proving harder since my exhaust is in the way. Anyone use a grinder?
335HP/360Tq VF-22/1820 clone with Meth

I'm going to be doing a swap on my wagon to Spec B trailing arms and Lateral links, and the WL KTA124 links, and all new WL bushings throughout the rear (trailing arm, Lateral Links inner and outer, Lower Rear Outer bushing). I have already been told at my last alignment that the left rear toe bolt is seized so my plan is lots of Kano Kroil, 1000 lb/f impact, and a big breaker bar. If i can get the nut off I think I can push the bolt out with my air chisel. I'll update after I get into it next week.

I'm going to be doing a swap on my wagon to Spec B trailing arms and Lateral links, and the WL KTA124 links, and all new WL bushings throughout the rear (trailing arm, Lateral Links inner and outer, Lower Rear Outer bushing). I have already been told at my last alignment that the left rear toe bolt is seized so my plan is lots of Kano Kroil, 1000 lb/f impact, and a big breaker bar. If i can get the nut off I think I can push the bolt out with my air chisel. I'll update after I get into it next week.

Well, both toe bolts were frozen in the bushing, my air chisel, pb blaster, 3lb sledge, heat, and clamp wouldn't push it out. I don't have replacement bolts on hand so hopefully the dealer will have them in stock. Otherwise I'll be fabricating lockouts since I installed the KTA124 kit

• 1 month later...

Are the rear lateral links for toe the same between all 4th gen legacy GT's?

Need to replace my rear driver side toe arm as the bolt is completely seized in there.

Found this part number but not sure if it's for 08 or if there are any differences between them.

20250AE01A

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

Moddiction Stainless steel and Titanium shift knobs.

Drivetrain, suspension, brakes, exhaust, cooling, fuel, gauges+MUCH more!

Are the rear lateral links for toe the same between all 4th gen legacy GT's?

Need to replace my rear driver side toe arm as the bolt is completely seized in there.

Found this part number but not sure if it's for 08 or if there are any differences between them.

20250AE01A

I believe I have a toe arm if you want it.

I'd need to get a new bushing pressed in so cost might be about the same as new after that. Let me check about left and right fitment though and I'll let you know.

Thanks a lot!

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

Moddiction Stainless steel and Titanium shift knobs.

Drivetrain, suspension, brakes, exhaust, cooling, fuel, gauges+MUCH more!

I'd need to get a new bushing pressed in so cost might be about the same as new after that. Let me check about left and right fitment though and I'll let you know.

Thanks a lot!

I pressed the old bushing out and blasted the welds and surface rust off. I'll throw a coat of vht black on it. If you don't want it, its up for grabs. Also have a set of OEM rear lower front links

I pressed the old bushing out and blasted the welds and surface rust off. I'll throw a coat of vht black on it. If you don't want it, its up for grabs. Also have a set of OEM rear lower front links

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/02/y6esazed.jpg

Archived