LegacyGT.com

Not one xterra with a manual in the country

according to two different nissan dealers I called.

I'm looking to get into a suv with a manual and basically have three options.

FJ, Wrangler Unlimited, Xterra. I just can't believe there isn't one in the whole country available. I have to order and that is 6-8 weeks (doesn't really bother me) but damn!!! :eek:

Maybe its the last year for a manual in xterra. Damn we are getting lazy in this country

i know for a fact that there is a 6-speed xterra OR @ begenfield, nj nissan (or there was as recent as last week)

i just ordered my x but went w/ the SE which appears to be just as rare (currently just one in the region & only 2 incoming). i have to wait until march to take delivery.

good luck w/ your search

so how does that work with a trade in and also negotiating when you have to order a car? All my new cars have come from dealer stock. Should I assume I'll have to pay msrp since they have to order it?

I'm aware of other car cuv that come in a manual but wanted something a little more robust offroad, personal preference.

Heh, well maybe not the X3 then.

Sorry, I was just throw off by this statement, "I'm looking to get into a suv with a manual and basically have three options."

FWIW, the Cayenne/Touareg are pretty capable offroad but can get pricey.

I had the same issue, though with my Subie not with an SUV.

I *really* wanted a 5MT legacy sedan, but there weren't ANY non turbo models ANYWHERE around, so I settled for the 08 2.5i 5 door. it was a sad, sad day. I still love my 5 door girl, but i would have chosen a leggy over her if they'd only had a manual 07-08!

Do people not like driving manuals anymore? are more and more people becoming too lazy? Are car manufacturers just giving up? i can't stand driving auto's!

so how does that work with a trade in and also negotiating when you have to order a car? All my new cars have come from dealer stock. Should I assume I'll have to pay msrp since they have to order it?

Don't tell them you have a trade until you settle on a price.

I'm aware of other car cuv that come in a manual but wanted something a little more robust offroad, personal preference.

H3 comes in a 5M, but they are not common either. If you can get past the mall poseur image they are quite capable off road. Especially the off-road version with 4:1 low range, 285's and electric locker.

Archived