LegacyGT.com

Sway Bar recommendations for JDM Bilstein Suspension

sooberoo

Hey everyone, I just scored a GT Bilstein Rev C suspension (shocks and springs) that came out of a JDM B4 BP5. The suspension is like new with only 2000 km. I'll be installing the suspension on my 2005 Legacy GT Ltd 5EAT.

To complement the new suspension, I am now considering a sway bar upgrade. I know that there are all kinds of threads out there about which sways are best, but these are typically for cars with north american stock or aftermarket suspension systems.

For wheels and tires, I am running General Exclaim UHPs (225 width) on Tarmac 3s (18") during the summer months. For winter I'm on v rated Hankook icebears with stock rims. This car is basically a daily driver with some spirited weekend driving. May consider tracking the car, but thats a long way off.

What I am looking for is a balance between a great ride and good handling. Just curious as what sway bar combo you all think would work best with the Rev C setup?

Cheers!

I'd suggest doing the Bilsteins, and an alignment, then seeing if you want more.
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

I'd suggest doing the Bilsteins, and an alignment, then seeing if you want more.

+1. If you want more, I would try the 20mm JDM rear as suggested above.

I have JDM Spec B "Rev 0" (original version) on mine, and I feel that it is plenty with the stock bars.

-- Steve

I have the rallitek rear with the stock front on my Bilstein HD/Progress combo. Seems to be perfect street set-up, neutral with very mild if any understeer. For the track I would probably upgrade both front and rear to larger bars but for the street this seems like a great set-up.

FYI, I felt that the stock set-up on the spec b even with the aftermarket springs was unbalanced with terrible understeer. The upgraded rear really adds to the neutral handling of the car, much better at the limit cornering and beter axial roatation.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived