LegacyGT.com

So, I bought a legacy sight unseen.

Well, normally I am not taken to rash behavior like this but I just bought an 2005 LGT from 2000 miles away, in fact I have never even driven one.

We traded in my last car, an 06 civic si sedan a few months ago for a family SUV. Leaving me driving the wifes old Mazda 6, not a bad car but an auto. Ever since I sold my WRX years ago, my head would turn every time I heard a boxer drive by. So naturally, years later thats where my search would start

We just spent a good amount of money for our SUV so the budget for my fun daily driver was limited. I started spending signifigant portions of my day staring at autotrader looking for my next Subaru. I already had a 2.0 so I looked for a 2006 and newer but didn't find anything in my price range. Somehow my autotrader search spit out an LGT something clicked, I remember seeing them on the lot but I had completely forgotten about them (thanks SOA). I then stumbled onto this site and came upon this thread

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102482&highlight=grayson

I tried to find one locally so I could test drive one, but I couldn't even find a manual at a dealer within 3 hours and I didn't think this deal would last. I was familier with Grayson, as I had visited years ago. Seth provided all kinds of detailed photo's and before I knew it the deal was done.

2 Weeks ago the car was dropped off at DAS in Knoxvlle TN, and I got the call today that it is waiting for me in Los Angeles, CA. It's a 3 hour drive to LA so the wife and I will be heading down this weekend. So on Saturday I will see just how it all played out. I will take the camera with me and take some pics with my new ride. So we will find out if the gamble payed off or if I will fall into the banjo bolt/clutch failing/ lemon category. Wish me luck.

Allright I have picked up my new ride and it has survived the three hour trip from LA without blowing up, always a good sign.

DAS auto shippers closes at noon on Saturday so my wife and I had to wake up earlier than I like on a weekend and drive through pouring rain to get there on time. I have never shipped a vehicle so I didn't know what to expect when I showed up. My heart sank a little bit when I pulled up and I didn't see the legacy out front. I walked in, gave her my name and and swiped my card. She said to have a seat and I would soon be helped. Within 10 minutes my LGT was driven out front. It looked as if it was just detailed at the dealership. It actually looked better than I thought that it would based on the mileage.

As much as I would have liked to have driven all over LA my wife was extremely nervous about driving in LA by herself to get both of our vehicles to our hotel. So after going over the directions to the hotel numerous times (her acura has Nav by the way) we were off and I was feeling out my new baby. I have been driving my wifes auto mazda 6 so I was a little rusty on the shifter. I forgot how bad subaru tranny's are, my last stick was an 06 civic SI, so new tranny fluid will be put in shortly. But I really missed the sound of that boxer reving up.

We checked into the embassy suites at he airport to find it packed with striped multicoler hats and vests, it was the hotdog on a stick convention! It was pretty funny to see everyone throughout the hotel in their clown uniforms.

I got to drive it some in LA and I have been driving it to work this week. So far the only thing that might not be working 100% is my rear defrost, it seemed to take forever this morning. Luckily my section of Cali isn't known for many frosts.

Unfortunately I also aquired 600sg/ft of flooring from ikea while I was in LAso I have and will be busy for the next few days, when I get a moment to plug in my camera I will share some photo's.

Guest heightsgtltd
Congrats! If you are going to buy a car sight unseen, Seth seems like a good call. Everyone who has done so has been very happy from what I have read on here.

I got to drive it some in LA and I have been driving it to work this week. So far the only thing that might not be working 100% is my rear defrost, it seemed to take forever this morning. Luckily my section of Cali isn't known for many frosts.

Yeah, it just sucks. Mine is not broke but it does take forever. Awesome deal, however. I was wondering who got that car because I saw it when it first went up for such a cutter price. Glad it all worked out and you got a good car.

hand wash your rear windshield, possibly inside and out. detailers tend to wax the glass which makes it harder for the defroster. I was having the same problems until I washed it by hand and now it works better...not instant, but much faster than it used to.

edit: I discovered this after having my car detailed after an accident and the rear defrost no longer working as well. i thought it had something to do with the accident until I washed it and it started working better.

congrats on the new car! make sure you get your immunization shot for the modding bug thats going around. once you get bit it is a hard one to shake...

Archived