LegacyGT.com

cusco sway bar bushings

LegacyLexTek

wondering if anyone can help me with this issue. i have the cusco front and rear sway bars on my lgt. the bushings are shot. the bars are 23 f and 21 rear. does anyone have any idea where i can get new bushings besides cusco because i really dont feel like paying 25 bucks a bushing. has anyone tried using energy suspensions universals.

thanks

I have Cusco F&R bars on my car and I installed the Energy Suspension bushings that have a grease fitting so they can be greased up easily with a grease gun. The Cusco bushings are rubber and don't last very long so I wouldn't suggest trying to get more. The brackets that came with the Engergy Suspension bushings for the front needed a fair amount of trimming because they are a lot bigger than the stock brackets, but the bushings themselves are so much better than the Cusco ones. I started getting some bad clunking and squeeking from the bushings that my bars came with, but I don't have those problems now with the new bushings and they should last a lot longer since they're urethane. Here's a good thread so you get an idea of what needs to be done to the brackets to get them to fit: http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97981

• 2 weeks later...
Would definitely suggest the energy bushings if you don't mind having to trim the brackets some to make them fit. The thing I love about them is the grease fitting and groves for grease--takes 2 seconds with a grease gun to lube them up great.

Would definitely suggest the energy bushings if you don't mind having to trim the brackets some to make them fit. The thing I love about them is the grease fitting and groves for grease--takes 2 seconds with a grease gun to lube them up great.

you only trimmed the passenger's side right?

I've had the Energy Suspension ones for well over a year now and they are holding up great.....for Cusco buyers that have paired them with the AVO RSB Reinforment Brackets, make sure you get longer bolts to replace the OEM ones!!!

Archived