LegacyGT.com

mod paths?

I've had my LGT for a little over a year now and am trying to build a quiet, good looking and good handling sleeper just as well.

Power/handling mods so far in order:

1) got rid of crap stock tires and put on 225/45/17 RE960's

2) added an AVO panel filter for the re-usable factor, and a little more whoooshability :)

3) Rallitek/IPD 19mm solid RSB w/brackets and kartboy endlinks to help reduce body roll

4) Hawk HPS pads on all four corners

5) bought used AP and flashed stage 1 93 octane.

Added a few exterior mods (tint, smoked corners and tails, DIY grill) in there at a few different places along the way as well.

Not a bad start IMO, helped out most areas of the car (handling, braking, power, looks) a little bit, but I still got a long way to go to have the car where I want it.

+1

All the above is very simple and will keep you smog legal, but I am not sure you really need the endlinks. I skipped em, no problems. I have a jdm hollow rsb, which is probably not as stiff as scoobiedoobie's.

If you want a real handling improvement, you MUST add coilovers or Bilsteins/pink springs to the list.

If you want some sound, Prodrive cans are sweet, keeps it smog legal.

:)

The jdm rsb is quite a bit stiffer than the stock US one, but other aftermarket rsb's are even stiffer and will impart even more force on the endlinks, so bigger ones are not a bad idea at all if you go that route.

My assumption was that the stock endlinks are probably the same for both US and Japan, so they would be fine for any oem Subie rsb, regardless of US or JDM. Reading lots on this forum seemed to confirm this. :)

Yeah, upgraded endlinks aren't necessary, but they couldn't hurt anything. More for peace of mind than anything else. Hold a beefy pair of endlinks like the Kartboy's up to the stockers and you'll see what I'm talking about.

I have my whitline F&R adj. sways for over 2 years with stock endlink no problem some even auto cross with stock link. But if you want to spend(waste) your money on that instead of something that really helps more power to you.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

the real question here is lesbaru a dude?

usually when guys ask open ended questions like these, the threads die at 2 pages after someone tells them to use the search button...

car for sale. PM me!

We know one thing is for certain. Lesbaru will only be satisfied for a short time before deciding on going turbo swap, full race suspension, complete Brembo brake package. etc. It is a sickness among us and is quite contagious. :lol:

Archived