LegacyGT.com

2005 Power Window Switch hard to use ?

UPDATE: i had mine replaced three times in my 05 LGT. i know the reason for it sticking according to the subaru. When it rains or drizzles and your window is open the natural curvature of the door allow for water to get into the switch, and the switch is actully slightly rusted. Ive seen it on two of the three that there was rust under the switch causing failure.

OK , but why does it only do this to the drivers window switch :rolleyes:

The other responses seem to all be the same:

+ Only does this to the drivers door

+ Feels like its going to break...but does not

+ The other window switches dont do this

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Driver switch is the only one with auto-down? That's how it is with my car. I've noticed the same thing to an extent in other cars. I've also hear of people replacing the auto-down switch with a regular non-auto switch to get rid of the problem.

i've had it get stuck and i do not notice it right away and i'll come back to it and un-stick, and then the window wont work for some amount of time. so far it has come back but i usually just keep trying up/down until it goes again. it seems to always happen when approaching a toll booth haha

Just did this on the N.J. turnpike to me the other day. A few minutes later it was fine.

It's made of very thin plastic and it flexes when you push it and/or expands and contracts with the temp making the problem come and go...sort of. I almost want to say that it feels like it needs to be lubricated in some way. Like it's getting caught on something inside. What kind of lubricant that would be is a mystery.

I nominate this switch for THE cheapest/flimsiest part on the whole car. The thing really stands out among what is for the most part a non-flimsy interior otherwise.

I nominate this switch for THE cheapest/flimsiest part on the whole car. The thing really stands out among what is for the most part a non-flimsy interior otherwise.

I second this motion.

I would also vote for the weak paint.

My switch is just as bad. But every now and then it will decide to do nothing - no up, no down. The switch is moving but the window just sits there. Very disconcerting.

• 4 weeks later...
I removed my whole switch assembly, disassembled it. I could not figure out why it sticks. No rust, no broken parts. The internals themselves moved just fine. I WD-40 it up and put it back together. Helped a little bit, but still notchy. Makes me think the actual top plastic switch is improperly created.

Archived