LegacyGT.com

2005 Power Window Switch hard to use ?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My driver switch will stick when you push it down. Sometimes it would stop working altogether. Since then I have found if you pull up first, it won't stick when pushing down.

The new Impreza has a small hook in the frame on the gas cap door to hold the wire.

• 4 months later...
i've had it get stuck and i do not notice it right away and i'll come back to it and un-stick, and then the window wont work for some amount of time. so far it has come back but i usually just keep trying up/down until it goes again. it seems to always happen when approaching a toll booth haha

• 1 month later...

mine started to get stuck also about a year ago. So I used some silicon spray and it worked like new if not better.

I simply do it now every spring when cleaning door seals, etc.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

I tried the silicon spray last night, didn't help much if at all. You guys are spraying through the gap to get it under the rocker switch correct? How much did you use? I didn't want to flood it with the stuff.

UPDATE: i had mine replaced three times in my 05 LGT. i know the reason for it sticking according to the subaru. When it rains or drizzles and your window is open the natural curvature of the door allow for water to get into the switch, and the switch is actully slightly rusted. Ive seen it on two of the three that there was rust under the switch causing failure.

Anyone know if just the switch can be replaced? Someone had posted in another thread that the whole 5 swtiches and housing needs to be replaced as 1 unit.
Rehab is for quitters.

Archived