LegacyGT.com

2005 Power Window Switch hard to use ?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:whore:

I'm more pissed about the gas cap holder (lack there of)...

But we don't need a gas cap holder. If you let the cap dangle off the cord, it sits just under the wheel well, preventing any drip on the side of the car.

I had the same issue with the window switch but it gets better (or I just stopped noticing) after a while.

Really? For me it hits the fender.

This has been discussed a couple times, some have a longer cord than others...Theres a thread somewhere with a couple pics of creative solutions for the less endowed gas cap cord owners.

As for the window switch, mine is the same way occasionally....thought I broke it once is cracked so loud when I went to the Auto down position....still works fine, just a quirk.

I had this issue when I bought my wagon too. One day the switch got stuck in the up position and ended up shorting out the window motor. I replaced both the motor and the switch. Haven't had a problem since.

Search and there is some threads on how to "fix" your current switch, otherwise you should make sure it never sticks or just replace it. You don't want to have to replace your motor if you don't have to.

Had my switch replaced under warrenty a year or so ago.

What's the big thing with the gas cap, stop whining, who really cares...it's not like it hurts the paint or anything. I'd rather have a car with a larger gas tank.

But that's another topic.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I can understand that. I usually fill up at about 11 gallons.

I think the tank is 16?

At least when you fill up the bill is smaller.. you just have to do it more often. :lol:

They actually replace switches under warranty for this problem? huh.. if I would have considered it a problem I would have had that done. :(

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Jacking thread...sorry...

I've seen the thread about the gas cap, but I haven't found any thing that will fit in one of the holes and stay, it's always too big or long (:lol:, but seriously).

I'm complaining because it does rub against the paint and if you look at your car as closely as I do mine you'd know how weak our paint is. I have tried to balance the damn cap on the plastic tab but it always falls off, even if I "unwind the curve" and ends up slamming into my paint :mad:.

I will go to the hardware store and find something that will work so I can move on with my life.

:whore:

I'm more pissed about the gas cap holder (lack there of)...

it's hard to find just the right amount of pressure for it not to be auto-down, sucks.

and the lack of gas cap holder is easily bypassed using the "twist the cord and have it held in by the latch" method

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1722796&postcount=57

I usually just mash it for auto down and then pull up on it to stop it where I want it.

I might roll my window down once a month heh. The other doors on my car make a sticking sound when I open them cos the rubber starts to stick to the window tint.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Jacking thread...sorry...

I've seen the thread about the gas cap, but I haven't found any thing that will fit in one of the holes and stay, it's always too big or long (:lol:, but seriously).

I'm complaining because it does rub against the paint and if you look at your car as closely as I do mine you'd know how weak our paint is. I have tried to balance the damn cap on the plastic tab but it always falls off, even if I "unwind the curve" and ends up slamming into my paint :mad:.

I will go to the hardware store and find something that will work so I can move on with my life.

simple solution.... www.smartwax.com makes your paint stronger.. i know they are my sponser.

13.6 @ 102 untuned FTW

SmartWax - Spec Clutch - Team Scp 1

http://newenglandsubarus.com/

Enough about the gas cap already. :spin: Holy crap, the guy is talking about his power window switch. You people are seriously ADD or something.:lol:

Yes, my power window switch does the same thing. Worse in the colder months. Never bothered me enough to try and warranty fix it or anything. It actually operates like it "should" considering how cheesy the switches feel. They seem not a part of the rest of the interior...extra flimsy, plasticy. Not that the interior is THAT fancy or anything, the switch is just THAT flimsy in comparison.

Archived