LegacyGT.com

Which window tint percentage to go with?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I ended up doing 50% fronts/20% rear...I don't like the look of different tints either but in Illinois, I don't want to take too much risk for getting pulled over because of my tints...just my .02

Where did you go and what kind (brand, metallic, ceramic, etc.) of tint did you get? I was dead-set on getting Huper Optik (50 or 60 all around) last summer, but now I'm not so sure if I even want to bother getting any tint.

Where did you go and what kind (brand, metallic, ceramic, etc.) of tint did you get? I was dead-set on getting Huper Optik (50 or 60 all around) last summer, but now I'm not so sure if I even want to bother getting any tint.

I forgot who did it. I had it done through my dealer actually and they subletted it out to someone else. I can find out who did it though. But I do know that he used the Suntek Carbon Series tint...I don't think your really supposed to use metallic tint on windows with antennas in them....

I forgot who did it. I had it done through my dealer actually and they subletted it out to someone else. I can find out who did it though. But I do know that he used the Suntek Carbon Series tint...I don't think your really supposed to use metallic tint on windows with antennas in them....

Yeah, if I do it it'll be carbon or ceramic tint only. Do you remember how much it costed?

Well I have a GRP LGT and have an appointment with Ziebart on Friday to get my tints. I know here in Ohio anything lower than 50% for the fronts is illegal. I was thinking of 50% fronts and 35% rears. What you guys think? Anyone with GRP let me know. Anyone got some pics? Will this look good or should I go darker? I know Toledo police are real strict on the tint rule. Anything is legal for the backs.
Going to keep the car a long time?

There are plenty of folks who won't even look at a car with tinted windows.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Going to keep the car a long time?

There are plenty of folks who won't even look at a car with tinted windows.

I plan on keeping the thing for quite some time. At least for another 3-4 years as long as I don't run into any problems. If not, I can always take them off can't I?

lol random but my appointment is Monday at 9:30 am and I'm fricking pumped! I'll post some before and after pics.

You go out and play in this snow we got?

I spent a good 2-3 hours late last night and had an STI almost hit my ass at wal-mart :eek:

You go out and play in this snow we got?

I spent a good 2-3 hours late last night and had an STI almost hit my ass at wal-mart :eek:

LMAO I went to where the old Cub Foods used to be in Miracle Mile on Laskey and Jackman. Man that was fun. Huge parking lot with the freshest white powder. Def. used up half my tank of gas. lol. I had this guy in a Civic and another in an Impreza doing donuts with me. lol the Civic got stuck so instead of helping him I stopped next to him and started waving like an idiot. lmao.

LMAO I went to where the old Cub Foods used to be in Miracle Mile on Laskey and Jackman. Man that was fun. Huge parking lot with the freshest white powder. Def. used up half my tank of gas. lol. I had this guy in a Civic and another in an Impreza doing donuts with me. lol the Civic got stuck so instead of helping him I stopped next to him and started waving like an idiot. lmao.

Just plain wrong for so many reasons....

Yeah, if I do it it'll be carbon or ceramic tint only. Do you remember how much it costed?

I don't remember exactly what it costed but I want to say it was $150...I know he gave me a good deal since it was kind of a "favor" for a dealer I used to work for...anyways, sorry for the delays in posting pics...but here are a few....

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s227/ordiga/IMG_0384.jpg

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s227/ordiga/IMG_0386.jpg

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s227/ordiga/IMG_0387.jpg

I don't remember exactly what it costed but I want to say it was $150...I know he gave me a good deal since it was kind of a "favor" for a dealer I used to work for...anyways, sorry for the delays in posting pics...but here are a few....

Thanks. The tint looks good. Funny how I always remember the 08+ Spec. B wheels as beeing ugly, but every time I see them I end up thinking they look fine. :lol:

BTW, I'd blur out your plates in the last pic, or just remove it altogether.

I'm also in Ohio. I went 35% on the front windows and rear window, and 18% on the other 4 windows. Most cops don't even notice me (sleeper LGT's FTW!) but I allways open my sunroof shade before I roll by, the light from above makes the tint look much lighter (untinted sunroof).

pics: You are a bus

Got mine done today and went with 32%, wish I would have gone with 22%.

Make sure you look your back window over when they are done, I found a lot of air bubbles in mine.

What color is your car? By wishing you went with 22% do you mean that the tint looks rather light? Or was it just not dark enough to your liking?I don't want it looking bad lol.

Also, ordiga, thanks for the pictures. Car looks great.

And YouAreABus, I don't have a sunroof so I can't pull that trick lol.

Thanks. The tint looks good. Funny how I always remember the 08+ Spec. B wheels as beeing ugly, but every time I see them I end up thinking they look fine. :lol:

BTW, I'd blur out your plates in the last pic, or just remove it altogether.

Yeah, I should blur the plate and take care of my rust colored calipers...lol I can't go without a plate...I don't need any reasons to get pulled over cause that could be very costly...

Yeah, I should blur the plate and take care of my rust colored calipers...lol I can't go without a plate...I don't need any reasons to get pulled over cause that could be very costly...

I meant blur out your plate number in the picture! Maybe I'm just paranoid about internet crazies hunting me down and vandalizing my car. :spin:

Archived